I-Pace x2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

I-Pace x2

Not a day goes by where I live that I do not see multiple Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls-Royce...but I have never seen another I-Pace (not parked or driving).

I walked out of work this morning in Westlake Village and there is a Corris Gray I-Pace S right in front of my silver one. WOW, so surprised. Corris is beautiful in the sun, but I am NOT of fan of these wheels & tires!

Happy Monday everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7283.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	3275  

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:24 PM

Nice! They probably parked there because they saw your car, first one in the wild for them also. I would have done the same. Cheers!
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 HSE, Silicon Silver, Ebony/Ebony, 20" Gloss Black Wheels, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Heads Up Display, 4 Zone Climate
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:55 PM

Yeah, in BH I see so many RRs that I no one even looks any more

Corris is best in the sun and those wheels don't look at as good, but they ride really smooth a x get the best mileage
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:59 PM

I saw my first I-Pace on Christmas eve. I live in the Orlando area and I know that about 10 have been sold, but I haven't seen one here. On December 24, I drove to Lakewood Ranch (near Sarasota, FL) and stopped by a First Watch for lunch. As I entered the parking lot, I saw another I-Pace in Corris Grey. There are lots of Jag owners in Lakewood Ranch compared with Orlando. Didn't get a chance to chat them up. Hope to see them again as I get out that direction about once a month.

For reference - I took delivery of my I-Pace on December 29, so five days prior to my one year anniversary, finally saw one in the wild.
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
Yeah, in BH I see so many RRs that I no one even looks any more

Corris is best in the sun and those wheels don't look at as good, but they ride really smooth a x get the best mileage
My second thought after seeing those wheels was....man, I bet those make for a smooth ride and good range

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

I do find it strange and sad for Jaguar that there are so few I-Pace on the roads. The I-Pace not only looks way better than the Tesla Model X, but the Jag has exponentially higher build quality, better materials, rides like a Rolls-Royce compared to Tesla, AND it costs so much less & has included Maintenance. I don't understand low sales.

If someone talks about Jaguar reliability....look at most consumer based reliability reports! Tesla Model X and 3 score horribly low.

The I-Pace has been for sale, for what a year, or almost a year in the US...and today is the first one I have seen. I mean, there are 3 Bentleys, 2 Rolls-Royce and 2 Ferraris on my street, within 2 houses away....but NO I-Pace seen in 12 months. Crazy sad!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:36 PM

My I-Pace retired before I saw another one outside a dealership.
That probably why they draw so much attention. People were constantly asking about my I-Pace, and even taking pics of it.

Test drove the Tesla Model 3 Performance just now. It's not as enjoyable to drive as the I-Pace IMO. It does have a good punch though.

I need to think about it still. It's ergo is not as good, nor it's forward visibility. The handling is OK, but not up to the Jaguar standard.

Kind of hard justifying $60k for it. I considered the I-Pace a better value even though it's nearly 50% more $. The Model S doesn't do anything for me.
Deutsch100 likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
That probably why they draw so much attention. People were constantly asking about my I-Pace, and even taking pics of it.

Test drove the Tesla Model 3 Performance just now. It's not as enjoyable to drive as the I-Pace IMO. It does have a good punch though.

I need to think about it still. It's ergo is not as good, nor it's forward visibility. The handling is OK, but not up to the Jaguar standard.

Kind of hard justifying $60k for it. I considered the I-Pace a better value even though it's nearly 50% more $. The Model S doesn't do anything for me.
Heck, you could find another FE or HSE for not much more than that $60k Model 3.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:42 PM

I have those same rims as my winter wheelset. They do ride softer than the 22s. Its a lot of rubber.

Jaguar does not sell a lot overall. I think Ipace is the only model in their lineup with increasing sales #s. I do see a lot of F-paces around the Toronto area though - at least a few everyday.
Deutsch100 likes this.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

The 3 is 30k max IMO.

You think Jags service is bad, wait to get a load of Tesla. At least with JLR you didn't have to sue them to buy back your car. Take a look at all the lawsuits against Tesla

All EVs are a problem as they are in their infancy, but at least JLR & VW/Audi will take care of the customer. Not so much with Tesla
Deutsch100 likes this.

2019 HSE Ceasium Blue/oyster, 5068 wheels
April 2019 build date
Southern California, USA