Recommendations and ideas for a new owner - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 13Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Recommendations and ideas for a new owner

Maybe this is already somewhere else and I didn't see it (sorry), are there any "first things", settings, etc. or recommendations you guys have for a new owner? Things you wish you knew early on in your ownership, settings that maybe aren't that obvious to newbies, other tips and hints?

I'm reading through the posts, it would be nice to start a consolidated thread (if it doesn't exist already) so new owners have a place to start.

Thanks!
I-Pace likes this.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipace2020 View Post
Maybe this is already somewhere else and I didn't see it (sorry), are there any "first things", settings, etc. or recommendations you guys have for a new owner? Things you wish you knew early on in your ownership, settings that maybe aren't that obvious to newbies, other tips and hints?

I'm reading through the posts, it would be nice to start a consolidated thread (if it doesn't exist already) so new owners have a place to start.

Thanks!
The default 360 camera view screen on mine wasn’t that helpful. I didn’t realize until a month in that it could be changed to a 3 pane view that was actually useful
Deutsch100 and ipace2020 like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 01:42 PM

You can make multiple screens on your main infotainment screen. Then pick the one you want to be your 'Home' screen. For example, I made my Home screen filled with quick dial numbers, the clock and my favorite radio stations. Then made another screen - 1 swipe to the left - with all my favorite EV icons/settings. I just have to swipe left or right from one screen to the next to get where I want -- without moving endlessly through all the icons/apps I'm not interested in.
Deutsch100 and ipace2020 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
The default 360 camera view screen on mine wasn’t that helpful. I didn’t realize until a month in that it could be changed to a 3 pane view that was actually useful
Is this an option? When I select "cameras" I only see the one behind the car, I thought once I saw a top down overview, but it wasn't a camera, it was a grey circle. Is this an option I didn't get?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Here's another question (I read the manual and my eyes are still crossed). Can you set the "height" (I don't know what else to call it) so it rises up on entry and exit? I guess it lowers while you're driving automatically? But higher getting in and out would be nice. If that even makes sense.

Thanks
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Is this an option? When I select "cameras" I only see the one behind the car, I thought once I saw a top down overview, but it wasn't a camera, it was a grey circle. Is this an option I didn't get?
I honestly do not know what is standard vs options on the various trim levels, but your window sticker should list if you have 360 or not.

The non intuitive part of the JLR interface is the ‘settings’ icon access different menus dependent on what screen you are on. To make changes to the camera settings you have to be in camera views and then go to settings to make changes.

This is similar to controlling the volume of different things. For instance the nav needs to be actively using sound in order to adjust the volume!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here's another question (I read the manual and my eyes are still crossed). Can you set the "height" (I don't know what else to call it) so it rises up on entry and exit? I guess it lowers while you're driving automatically? But higher getting in and out would be nice. If that even makes sense.

Thanks
I always had mine set for Access height, which is the lowest setting. So the car would drop down when shut off. I do believe the car will remain in off-road height as long as you do not go faster than 50mph. Once you cross that limit, the car will go to comfort height and not return to off-road height unless you push the button again.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

I hope you guys don't mind the questions. Thanks for the feedback.

So, what gets set in the user profile? Does it include ambient lighting? I don't see how to default to navigation when I start the car each time. Is that possible? Oh, and when I am in navigation, and get a text message, there is no display notification of any kind, just a chime. Is that all there is? We had Jeep and it would overlay a screen no matter what display was on.

I think I have a lot to learn on the displays. I also think the 360 must have been a camera option I didn't get.

And another question, I have the park assist, and it can't find a parking spot for anything. I went to an empty parking lot and drove around for 10 minutes, when it finally thought it found a space, it actually parked in a driving lane. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I hope you guys don't mind the questions. Thanks for the feedback.

So, what gets set in the user profile? Does it include ambient lighting? I don't see how to default to navigation when I start the car each time. Is that possible? Oh, and when I am in navigation, and get a text message, there is no display notification of any kind, just a chime. Is that all there is? We had Jeep and it would overlay a screen no matter what display was on.

I think I have a lot to learn on the displays. I also think the 360 must have been a camera option I didn't get.

And another question, I have the park assist, and it can't find a parking spot for anything. I went to an empty parking lot and drove around for 10 minutes, when it finally thought it found a space, it actually parked in a driving lane. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks
Do you have a S, SE, HSE or First Edition?

The park assist is essentially nonfunctional, I wouldn’t bother with it.

Sorry I don’t remember enough about the Smart Profiles except to say actual functionality didn’t match the promises.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Unread 01-11-2020, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Do you have a S, SE, HSE or First Edition?

The park assist is essentially nonfunctional, I wouldn’t bother with it.

Sorry I don’t remember enough about the Smart Profiles except to say actual functionality didn’t match the promises.
The S, but with "drive pack" (adaptive cruise, blind spot, lane assist, etc.), and some other niceties added on. Quite a few, looking at the sticker.

Thanks