Weird lower "Climate" screen hiccup/issue - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Weird lower "Climate" screen hiccup/issue

Since day 1 of delivery, my lower screen has always been set to Climate. In fact, I did not even know until a several days ago that it could be set to show Media or Telephone.

Just for fun, 2 days ago I set the lower screen to Media for like 15 seconds. I didn't care for the looks, so I set it back to Climate.

Now...EVERY time I start my I-Pace the lower screen goes to Media, instead of Climate.

Before trying Media for that maybe 15 seconds, EVERY start up the screen would be in Climate.

Any idea what happened, and why it defaults to Media now upon start up instead of Climate?

Thanks!

2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:27 AM

Lower screen has a setting button - top left - this allows you to choose a default appearance for this screen ie climate, media, telephone, seats etc or even use "last screen used" - yours will either be last screen used or more likely set to media?
LauderdaleFE, PS702 and Deutsch100 like this.

2019 I-PACE HSE Corris Grey
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Solved it this a.m. I spent about 10 mins (which I should have done in the 1st place, my apologies) reading the manual. While a confusing manual, as all are....there is actually a Setting for "Start Up" info/display for the lower center/middle screen.

Start up Display has several options, and mine somehow changed from Climate to Media, when I tried the Media for 15 seconds Back to Climate now.

So, if this happens to you....there is a fix! The I-Pace is the first car in decades that I have not "mastered" with a day or two. I'm still learning. This car and the Tesla....not so intuitive. LOL
LauderdaleFE likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsyyc View Post
Lower screen has a setting button - top left - this allows you to choose a default appearance for this screen ie climate, media, telephone, seats etc or even use "last screen used" - yours will either be last screen used or more likely set to media?
Thank you. You're right

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch100 View Post
Since day 1 of delivery, my lower screen has always been set to Climate. In fact, I did not even know until a several days ago that it could be set to show Media or Telephone.

Just for fun, 2 days ago I set the lower screen to Media for like 15 seconds. I didn't care for the looks, so I set it back to Climate.

Now...EVERY time I start my I-Pace the lower screen goes to Media, instead of Climate.

Before trying Media for that maybe 15 seconds, EVERY start up the screen would be in Climate.

Any idea what happened, and why it defaults to Media now upon start up instead of Climate?

Thanks!
LOL. Newbie problems.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Solved it this a.m. I spent about 10 mins (which I should have done in the 1st place, my apologies) reading the manual.

The I-Pace is the first car in decades that I have not "mastered" with a day or two. I'm still learning. This car and the Tesla....not so intuitive. LOL
It really would benefit you to spend some more time with the manual. You're right that the systems in the I-Pace can be complex and unintuitive, and there are some mysteries that are not explained in the manual, but many of the newbie questions that have been asked ARE explained in the manual. When I got mine I read the manual start to finish and it helped greatly. Not everyone wants to take the time to do that but at least look through the sections that explain things like charging, media, and parking aids. There is a lot they can do that may not be obvious without reading about it.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagBNimble View Post
Quote:
Solved it this a.m. I spent about 10 mins (which I should have done in the 1st place, my apologies) reading the manual.

The I-Pace is the first car in decades that I have not "mastered" with a day or two. I'm still learning. This car and the Tesla....not so intuitive. LOL

It really would benefit you to spend some more time with the manual. You're right that the systems in the I-Pace can be complex and unintuitive, and there are some mysteries that are not explained in the manual, but many of the newbie questions that have been asked ARE explained in the manual. When I got mine I read the manual start to finish and it helped greatly. Not everyone wants to take the time to do that but at least look through the sections that explain things like charging, media, and parking aids. There is a lot they can do that may not be obvious without reading about it.
What are some examples of things that I-Pace can do that you find neat that would not be obvious without reading the manual? I want to give your “best of” list a try!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagBNimble View Post
Quote:

What are some examples of things that I-Pace can do that you find neat that would not be obvious without reading the manual? I want to give your “best of” list a try!
I have never read an owner’s manual of any vehicle...I would rather read a novel.
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I have never read an owners manual of any vehicle...I would rather read a novel.
In all the cars I have had in the past 25 years (I will never say how many, as most of you will think I need a lobotomy), I have only actually read the manual maybe 2-3x. The last time was my 2019 BMW i3S. I hate to admit it, but I actually learned a few really important things, that really helped me enjoy the car and features more. Seems the I-Pace might be a car that RTFM might help

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I have never read an owner’s manual of any vehicle...I would rather read a novel.
In all the cars I have had in the past 25 years (I will never say how many, as most of you will think I need a lobotomy), I have only actually read the manual maybe 2-3x. The last time was my 2019 BMW i3S. I hate to admit it, but I actually learned a few really important things, that really helped me enjoy the car and features more. Seems the I-Pace might be a car that RTFM might help [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
My relationship to any given car is fleeting at best. It is a rare car I’ve kept for more than 2 years. I’m sure the manual could prove helpful, I just can’t maintain interest past about 2 pages. After that I would be reading, but not listening to myself read...
Deutsch100 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page