Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

H264 Update. Important.

60K views 210 replies 63 participants last post by  CurtSprings2 
#1 ·
Just had mine done at Scottsdale jaguar. At 94% GOM said 233. So it's too soon for any real range update. However it's very important for everyone to know that some functions may not work at first, It seems after H264 update when you start driving, it takes 20 to 30 min for it to sync up internally or with the jaguar cloud so all the items start working such as creep mode becoming available and everything starts working great again. So just give the car a chance to sync up.

#116 ·
There is a green line that tells you how much regen is possible when over 90% SOC. To get the best regen possible, make sure you set your Precondition to ON.

#118 ·
Thanks, I’ll ask them to push 19C. Also inexplicably today my ASI graphics are showing torque distribution. I definitely am seeing an improvement in eco, in 40F temperature with interior set to 73 I can get almost 240 range in mixed driving (but a lot of highway) which was not the case before the H264 update. But I also do not see the regen increase at full charge, and I had a departure time set today when I left.

Everything else is working great, and am still loving the car. I think this is the firmware state the car should have been released with, but it has gotten there fast enough in my opinion.

#119 ·
Most of my post-264 driving has been during very chilly evenings at 40F - 50F. Today I did a 90-mile day-time out and back with some surprising results.
Here are the details.
Outside: 55-58; Inside Set to 65-68; Driving: comfort mode (easy on the throttle), mixed, rarely over 70mph; tire pressure: standard 38/45; elevation: 3000ft gain (then back down); Music: Miles Davis.
Results: at 32 miles - 89% charge remaining; at 70 miles - 75% charge remaining; at 90 miles - 66% charge remaining. GOM showed 254 at 100% and tracked pretty true.

The only other time I've seen numbers like that was when temps were averaging 80F. We've known outside temp has a large impact, now we can see how the music factors. :)
Bodes well for summertime.

#124 ·
At first, my charging from the Juicebox was going haywire after the H264 update, but then after about 1-1.5weeks, it settled down and gives a full charge without interruption or having to restart it. Now, I can see an increase in the range because the same commute I am getting about 4% more range (mostly a highway commute). Ignoring the GoM and just looking at the battery percentage remaining is the best way to take an informed view. The downside is the GoM still defaults to 201miles at 100%, so I just ignore it now.

#126 ·
My experience suggests that the GOM originally reset to 264 at 100%. After a week, real-world range (based on odometer vs. remaining charge) indicates about 250 miles of range with temps >50F. Since the H264 campaign only came out in the past few weeks, I would not expect anyone to have months of experience with it.

#127 ·
I got the H264 update and first two 100% charges showed 260 and 262 miles on the Guess-o-Meter. Since those two first charges, I have not once seen a 260+ reading.

It's been 3 weeks post H264 and my 100% charge is now always at 250-256, BUT....I notice my charges lasting much longer than before; meaning my usual day to day driving is actually using less SOC%, regardless of what the G-o-M says. LOVE H264 :)

#129 ·
My experience post H264 in the chill of the Midwest weather has been a decrease in range not an increase. Temps have been from 12F to 70F with mostly at the lower end of that scale (12F-35F).

Yes, I know cold temps = lower range, but the range I'm seeing is at least 20 miles less for equivalent temps pre and post H264. Average consumption has been 40+kW/100 miles. That's far higher than pre-H264. ECO/comfort mode makes no difference.

Anyone else in a not-so-warm climate experiencing this?

:frown2:

#134 ·
I ran my SOC down to 25% and it said 59 miles after the update. That's 236 miles of mostly aggressive driving? I used to get about 200 miles when driven with a heavy foot. Seems to be a significant bump.

Reactions: Deutsch100
#142 ·
I wanted to bring to the forum's attention a default change made with the H264 update.

I recently had H264 applied at JLR at Cherry Hill, NJ without incident. I am liking the changes thus far.

One problem was that I could no longer select my preferred "driving style" icons at the bottom right of the instrument display.

I thank "iPace Owner Garry" for the solution on YouTube video:

Also, see the following attached photos and instructions to correct:

1. Select "Trip" then scroll down to "Content".
2. Scroll down "Content" to "Driving Style", note H264 defaults to UNCHECK this selection.
3. Check the "Driving style" selection.
4. Use selection button on end of left side steering console lever to select "Driving style" to lower right of instrument display.

I hope this is helpful to those (like me) who like this display arrangement.

It would be nice if JLR provided updates to the owner's manual when these changes are made.

Still, I am loving my I-Pace.

Attachments

#159 ·
Day 3 after H264 update. No issues, and the I-Pace functions as it did before the update. While not part of H264, I do like the new green bar SOC indicator, especially now that it is front and center, having swapped positions with the GOM, and correspondingly, de-emphasizing the latter. The I-Pace boot-up appears to be faster, but it could be simply wishful thinking on my part. I haven’t accumulated enough miles post H264 to comment on range or efficiency improvements. A good excuse to take a day trip up to Napa Valley, our local wine country.

#160 ·
While the new green SOC bar is not as elegant and discreet as the old curved design, it is much more clear and I do like it now.

It is not wishful thinking about booting up faster! Also, touch screen response time is greatly improved for me. There is almost no lag when swiping or touching an icon as well. Awesome.

Range is for sure improved H264, but my GoM is strange. Post H264 my GoM range would say 262 miles, 260, 258, 256, etc... (even in very "cold" California temps). It has been over a month and my 100% SOC GoM range is always around 240-245 now. No big deal, but kind of strange.

#161 ·
Just a question for this learned group. Still a "new" owner (less than 90 days), got the H264 update, I was at 254 miles at 100%, then I noticed 221, now 214. Is this just a gremlin gremlining?

WattCatt shows the battery at 90% (if I am reading it right).

Actually, under "heath" it's 84% (85.7kWh)....

#162 ·
Post-H264 the range prediction was very optimistic but it slowly adjusts to your driving style and weather. Even with the adjustment the range prediction is still optimistic so don't trust it. On this forum it's referred to as Guess-o-Meter.

The WattCat battery health has not been correct since H264 so the developer put in an option to not display it. The option is in the Settings menu. Ev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.