H264 Update. Important. - Page 10 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 10:46 PM

My local British Columbia dealer tells me H264 is not available and I'll just need to wait.

No matter. My current winter range of 320-360km (24ish kwh/100km) is more than I need 99% of the time and there are enough 50kw chargers around (most of them free around here!) that I can get where I need to go. WattCat tells me my battery is about 81kwh usable capacity, so getting the bump to 85-86 would be great!

I still want my car to be as good as it can be and it is irksome to know you folks are getting the upgrade and I'm not...……… I'm glad for you, though. I really am :-)
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #92 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 10:57 PM
Guy

Strange that H264 is available in Quebec but not in BC??
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #93 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 12:45 AM

Got my letter but I am on a quest to NOT visit the dealer until my first service in May/July.
Deutsch100 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 02:22 AM

Garage
Just noticed (on Topix) that Jaguar has released H264v4....
Does anybody know the difference between the various versions?
post #95 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleHarald View Post
Just noticed (on Topix) that Jaguar has released H264v4....
Does anybody know the difference between the various versions?
It would be awesome if JLR provided detailed release notes, but they don’t.
OleHarald likes this.
post #96 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
It would be awesome if JLR provided detailed release notes, but they don’t.
Amusingly enough, they kinda do have release notes for the infotainment part of things but they don't keep it fully up to date. See the Release Notes section here (but that only goes up to 19B): https://www.jaguar.com/owners_intern...ate/index.html

I just got the car back from the H264 update today. I do like updated trip display on the dash I've seen others mention. It is nice that you can configure the energy use display. I went with the KwH/100 Miles option.

Something I don't recall seeing mentioned is a new TSR (traffic-sign recognition) feature that simply warns you if you exceed the posted speed limit by some amount you set. It will flash the border of the HUD and dash's traffic sign speed display red if you are going faster. It seems to be subtle enough to not be alarming but enough to catch your eye. It is configurable from the steering wheel control wheel. I'll see if it is something I'll keep turned on or not.
drscott and Deutsch100 like this.
post #97 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-14-2020, 06:07 PM

I just got mine back to, reset settings, went with same settings as StormRune. The short eco trip (27 miles) in cold weather (46 F) seems to show I could actually get a real 240 in these conditions in eco (from SOC usage, NOT from GOM). And that is a definite and measureable improvements. Whole thing took 1/2 a day and no hassles. I still have no telematic and battery info, and 19B is stuck in download but all is well.
Calidave, drscott and Deutsch100 like this.
post #98 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 01:02 AM

Got the H264 letter today from Jaguar as my car is getting updated at the dealer. Everything seems to be working fine. I am now running a one dial display system since I can get the maps on one side and trip summary (finally!) on the other side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0890.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	3277  
Deutsch100 likes this.
post #99 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-15-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRune View Post
Amusingly enough, they kinda do have release notes for the infotainment part of things but they don't keep it fully up to date. See the Release Notes section here (but that only goes up to 19B): https://www.jaguar.com/owners_intern...ate/index.html

I just got the car back from the H264 update today. I do like updated trip display on the dash I've seen others mention. It is nice that you can configure the energy use display. I went with the KwH/100 Miles option.

Something I don't recall seeing mentioned is a new TSR (traffic-sign recognition) feature that simply warns you if you exceed the posted speed limit by some amount you set. It will flash the border of the HUD and dash's traffic sign speed display red if you are going faster. It seems to be subtle enough to not be alarming but enough to catch your eye. It is configurable from the steering wheel control wheel. I'll see if it is something I'll keep turned on or not.
The TSR 'overspeed' feature has been around since inception. There is (has always been) a menu item in the thumbwheel menu to set the amount over the speed limit at which you wish the border of the HUD speed limit icon to flash red. Related and worth mentioning here... for the first several months I had the car I could not determine why it would sound 2 short beeps on occasion. I eventually deduced it occurred at certain locations, then determined it was warning me of upcoming intersection(s) with a Red Light Cameras! (also user setting to turn on/off). These show up as icons on the interactive map, which I keep on RHS of configurable dash screen.
post #100 of 175 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 12:12 AM

Update: drove 80 miles today at 60-70 mph with 10 miles at 80 and used 35% on eco, interior set to 72 and temp was around 50. So I can do 230 miles which is an improvement for these speeds and temps. Next I want to see how comfort feels.

My assist page does not show torque distribution, graphic is there but no data. Anyone actually see the power distribution live?