Foam blocks under car - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By sciencegeek
  • 1 Post By Trielectric

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Foam blocks under car

My custom ordered I-pace arrived a few weeks ago and it wasn’t until recently I thought to look underneath. There are 4 small blue foam blocks stuck to the bottom of the battery cover. Are these supposed to be there for jacking or something, or were they for shipping and my dealer neglected to remove them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2413155F-86D6-4D99-B7B0-F080D677183B_1574898618612.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	2915  
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagBNimble View Post
My custom ordered I-pace arrived a few weeks ago and it wasn’t until recently I thought to look underneath. There are 4 small blue foam blocks stuck to the bottom of the battery cover. Are these supposed to be there for jacking or something, or were they for shipping and my dealer neglected to remove them?
While I am not 100% certain, I would bet your dealer forgot to remove them.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Those are sensors to check the cleanliness of your driveway. When they sense excess dirt they will trigger (1) a warning on the center display with an animated turd and (2) automatic reparking so that you can clean the driveway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 12:26 AM

I looked under my car and it is flat with only aluminum or black plastic colors. Nothing is blue. You need to return your car to the factory so the guy who forgot to take them off won't get in trouble.
sciencegeek likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 06:42 PM

They come like that from the factory, They must've forgotten to remove them. You can just rip them off! lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MottoMoe View Post
They come like that from the factory, They must've forgotten to remove them. You can just rip them off! lol
If I left them do you think it would affect aerodynamics/range? If not I'm considering leaving them and seeing how long before they come off on their own. They are stuck on really well. It will take more than a quick tug to take them off.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
If I left them do you think it would affect aerodynamics/range? If not I'm considering leaving them and seeing how long before they come off on their own. They are stuck on really well. It will take more than a quick tug to take them off.
It probably wouldn't affect it much, They usually come off with a quick tug if not just take it to Retailer you bought it from and have them remove it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:51 PM

Talking

Quote:
That's not considerate of anyone following you who would get a surprise of blue flying objects coming off your car and hitting theirs. They won't know what hit them.

And if that trailing vehicle is another I-pace, they might get stuck in that front "spoiler" area blocking the air flow over the bonnet and windscreen thereby impacting its range.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page