Software updates & Recalls - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
luvdodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 19
Garage
Software updates & Recalls

For my 2019 HSE about 4 weeks back and have a few questions -

1. What are the list of software updates that need to go in. Would just the latest one be sufficient?
2. Where do I see a list of updates applied to the car?
3. I know there's a recall on the rgen brakes. Any others we need to be aware of and take the vehicle back?

Lastly, I am unable to open the trunk with my foot movement.what am I doing wrong? Tried every effing dance move. Lol.



Thanks very much.

2019 | HSE | CORRIS GREY
luvdodo is offline  
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 11:16 PM
Member
 
gtquan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 44
Diagonal kick toward the center of the car. Don't touch the car with your foot. Straight in and out, no lateral movement.
jsimon7777 likes this.

2020 Silicon Silver HSE
gtquan is online now  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 822
And you must have key fob on you when you try. And wait a second or so between kicks.
epirali is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdodo View Post
For my 2019 HSE about 4 weeks back and have a few questions -

1. What are the list of software updates that need to go in. Would just the latest one be sufficient?
2. Where do I see a list of updates applied to the car?
3. I know there's a recall on the rgen brakes. Any others we need to be aware of and take the vehicle back?
.
Unfortunately there is not an easy way for you to check yourself, not is there a list of the updates and what they fix available for the general public. The dealer should be able to see what needs to be done using your VIN and/or hooking the car up to their system, but not all of them appear to be at the same level of helpfulness when it comes to doing that.
Dantrium is online now  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
luvdodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 19
Garage
I just realized I have 18D and for the telematics software I don't see a version, it's blank. Running updates dosent show me any new version. Dealer told me he's done it all. Any suggestions ?

2019 | HSE | CORRIS GREY
luvdodo is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
luvdodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 19
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtquan View Post
Diagonal kick toward the center of the car. Don't touch the car with your foot. Straight in and out, no lateral movement.
Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow )

2019 | HSE | CORRIS GREY
luvdodo is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 11:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdodo View Post
I just realized I have 18D and for the telematics software I don't see a version, it's blank. Running updates dosent show me any new version. Dealer told me he's done it all. Any suggestions ?

If you have an Android phone, you can get the telematics version from the WattCat app. It's a bit more cryptic in WattCat where J8A2-70712-AS is 14.2 and J8A2-70712-AT is 15.2. I assume later versions follow a similar pattern, but those are the only ones I've had in my car.
juice is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdodo View Post
For my 2019 HSE about 4 weeks back and have a few questions -

1. What are the list of software updates that need to go in. Would just the latest one be sufficient?
2. Where do I see a list of updates applied to the car?
3. I know there's a recall on the rgen brakes. Any others we need to be aware of and take the vehicle back?

Lastly, I am unable to open the trunk with my foot movement.what am I doing wrong? Tried every effing dance move. Lol.



Thanks very much.
You should be able to enter your VIN in topix without the fee and see available campaigns. However I would suggest you call the dealer to see if there are any outstanding recalls or campaigns.

I finally took mine in for the H228 campaign. While it was there, they updated all the software.
Infotainment is at S19B, latest version 436082
Telematics is at 18.2
All other software versions have to be checked by the dealer.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
Sbingham60 is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
You should be able to enter your VIN in topix without the fee and see available campaigns. However I would suggest you call the dealer to see if there are any outstanding recalls or campaigns.

I finally took mine in for the H228 campaign. While it was there, they updated all the software.
Infotainment is at S19B, latest version 436082
Telematics is at 18.2
All other software versions have to be checked by the dealer.
Do you happen to have WattCat and if yes can you post the reported version numbers there so we can cross reference to Telematics 18.2?

Thanks.
epirali is online now  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Middle OH, USA, Earth
Posts: 187
Got mine back today with 19B and TCU updated to the "latest". Telematics reported 18.2 when I checked on the display.

WattCat reports TCU Software version J8A2-70712-AR with TCU config version J7A3-70713-BR.
Ayepace is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome