Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Welcome To The Team sciencegeek & Dantrium!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  epirali 
#1 ·
We're pleased to announce that sciencegeek & Dantrium have joined as our first two new moderators.

:grin2:

#5 · (Edited)
Congrats guys!

Super Moderator is usergroup that has more board permissions than Moderator does, on vB it's a pre-defined level just under Admin.
But you can also create custom usergroups. A favorite is creating a group that can only see one subforum that is invisible to ordinary users, and you fill it by copying some real threads into it. Now when you want someone to just go away you put them in that custom group. I call it the GTH (Go To H*ll) usergroup on my site.
If you catch a human spammer during their registration, you assign them to that group. Or if two people like to argue with each other, you put them in there for a week so they can sort it out.

Now they post their little brains out and nobody can read it but them. This was back about 2004? when human verification routines were in their infancy so you had to manually get rid of troublemakers. You can ban their username, but they start another. You can ban their IP, but that only works if they can't change their IP. So you give them a ball of yarn and tell them to go play in the corner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.