At least two S19B versions have been released by JLR - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

At least two S19B versions have been released by JLR

I did an over the air software update over a month ago to the following version from 18C:

S19B_19.35.5-418001.

That update seemed to work, at least Apple CarPlay worked reliably. It was still quite slow. I thought I had the "S19B" update that has been discussed in numerous place across the web.

Well this week I received an email from Jaguar indicating there was a new software update for my car. That afternoon as I prepared to drive home I checked for software updates in the car interface, and indeed there was an update for the car. I allowed the update to proceed and after the update I now have the following version:

S19B_19.40.4-436082.

This version is noticeably faster., Preconditioning now actually works, and I even get the goodbye screen when I turn off the car if I have a departure set.

So there are at least two versions of S19B in play, and the latest version is noticeably different, and so far it has been stable.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Santorini Black - Ebony/Ebony
Xpel film paint protection (front, A pillars, lower rocker panels, door edges, mirror caps and rear)
Ceramic Pro entire body, wheels and glass
Delivered 9/6/19
S19B_19.40.4-436082
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 08:46 AM

S19B_19.40.4-436082 crashed my system

I had S19B_19.40.4-436082, but my screens went blank and the dealer downgraded back to the prior version 19B version, which (for now) works in it's poorly designed manner.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:38 PM

Newer version of S19B downloaded. Took 35 mins. Installation worked flawlessly. Just follow the onscreen instructions. Was not available on my car until I went to settings, software update. Pressed enable button off and on once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:42 PM

Also updated my 2017 F-pace. Now it has apple CarPlay and android auto for free. Jaguar was charging 250 dollars for this as smartphone package.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp11260 View Post
Also updated my 2017 F-pace. Now it has apple CarPlay and android auto for free. Jaguar was charging 250 dollars for this as smartphone package.
Huh? CarPlay was always supported (maybe not at first because the software was not ready), but I don't think it was ever a paid option?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:27 PM

I had an interesting back and forth with my dealer about how the update worked. I noted that I have never seen an update being available despite having OTA active on the car. The dealer was adamant that I had to be on a WIFI network, either the "public" network on the SIM (if active), or connected to WIFI hotspot. Essentially, the browser on the infotainment system had to see the internet. I thought this made no sense since the update was downloaded as you drove, which implies the "private" SIM network (the one that enables traffic and Inconnetrol etc..) was used to download. It made absolutely no sense to me that you needed to be on a WIFI to CHECK for downloads when the downloads themselves worked through the private connection. Whenever I checked, I got a "No Updated Available" message rather than "No Internet COnnectoin", which is what I would have expected had it been a connectivity issue rather than an availability issue.

Anyway, when I got home, I connected to the home WIFI (lucky the router is close enough to reach my driveway) and checked and low and behold, an update was available. Time to eat some humble pie I thought. I did not have time to update at that time, so I decided to try the update the next day. As I left the next day, I initiated the update (and dot the downloading... message and drove to work. Duringthe drive, it completed the download and installed it. This leads to 2 possibilities:

1: The system can only check for updates via the external "public" connection, but can download it via the "private" network.

2: The sales rep asked the service rep, who thought "oops, I better enable the download" and that happened to be just before I attempted the check again using the WIFI. I was out of town and emailing back and forth with the rep, so there is a reasonable time window for that to have happened.

Anyone have more observations to resolve the ambiguity? I'd hate to have to wait for the next update to figure this out.

Thanks
P.s>, The new update is a big improvement over the original version I had since getting the car last spring.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:57 PM

To be clear there are two SIMs and data connection in the I Pace. One perform connectivity and other car functions and doesn’t require a paid data plan. Software update, connected features and live traffic requires a second (supposedly ATT but there are other options) data plan SIM you provide. The SOTA will only download from that connection or WiFi.

So IF you do not have the second data plan active then the dealer is correct. I have downloaded and updated both from the data SIM and from WiFi.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
To be clear there are two SIMs and data connection in the I Pace. One perform connectivity and other car functions and doesn’t require a paid data plan. Software update, connected features and live traffic requires a second (supposedly ATT but there are other options) data plan SIM you provide. The SOTA will only download from that connection or WiFi.

So IF you do not have the second data plan active then the dealer is correct. I have downloaded and updated both from the data SIM and from WiFi.
That still does not match my observations. My 3 month trial ended some time ago, so I don't have that second (what I refer to as "public" SIM connection) active, I still get traffic and downloaded the latest update while driving, so it points to the probability that the traffic data and software updates use the other "Private" SIM. What I can't tell is if the update availability check requires that second "public" SIM (or WIFI connection), or if it was a fluke that they happen to push the update for my car when I checked again after discussing it with my dealer via email.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Thanks that is interesting. Thank you for clarifying.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Wi-fi makes not difference for me.

I tried switching the Wi-Fi, but in a new difference on my ability to get a system update. I'm totally confused why Jaguar is not push its most current software to all of its users.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page