Interior Lights Always On ... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KMDas
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Unread 11-06-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Interior Lights Always On ...

Now that itís getting dark a lot earlier (standard time sucks &#128518, I notice that some of the interior lights are always on - namely the lights in the door cubbies, around the door handles, and in the driverís footwell. Or at least are on whenever the car detects itís dark outside.

I did not pay up for the Ambient Light feature (didnít realize it was an option until searching this forum a few minutes ago). Is there a way to turn this ďfeatureĒ (Iím sure itís not a bug &#128541 off? Nothing in the manual helps (turning interior lights to off doesnít appear to effect this), nor could I find any solutions by doing web searches.

Much obliged to anyone who has figured this out.

Thanks.
Kaustuv
waja likes this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Unread 11-07-2019, 08:14 PM

Just swipe the upper middle display (finger motion from right side to left side) once or twice until you see the Ambient Lighting box. Touch that. Control the color, brightness, on and off.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Unread 11-09-2019, 07:41 PM

I don't have the Ambient Lighting box on any of the screens. But I do have the greenish light in the door cubbies, handles, etc. (I actually like it).

Kaustuv, one other way to turn off the lights is to go into Stealth Mode. It turns off the lights in the door cubbies, handles etc., but also the central screens.
https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/doc.../proc/G2167156
You have to enable it in Settings and then when you turn off the screen it also engages stealth mode and turns down the ambient lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Ayepace: I donít have Ambient Lighting (didnít pay up for it and didnít know it was an option).

W04t3r: thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping something short of Stealth Mode would work. I guess Iíll just add this to my (very long) list of ďso close, yet so farĒ for the I Pace 🤣
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 04:56 PM

Touch the top center courtesy light and continue to touch it until the light flashes. The instrument panel displays "interior lights off" or "interior lights auto" accordingly.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 07:19 PM

Ignore the above. I tried it out on a loaner F-pace without ambient lighting. It did not disable the lighting on the doors.