I Pace stopped charging to 240 miles - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

I Pace stopped charging to 240 miles

Has anyone experienced this issue with their Car. My I Pace stopped charging up to 240 miles and now only charges to 201 miles, and says fully charged. We have contacted the dealer, and drop the car off for about a week and still couldn’t get it fixed. Anyone else having the same issue and any fixes for this yet?
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:33 PM

Yes, it's a software issue some people here have experienced. It's unlikely that it has anything to do with the actual battery capacity. The estimated mileage reported by the car is only a prediction, which can be wildly off. I would start asking the dealer very specific questions such as "what exactly are you doing to try to fix this". "Have you updated to the latest software?" "Is JLR responsive to your queries?"

Also, if you're on Android, download WattCat (use your InControl credentials, same as JRL's "Remote" app) and look at the Alerts so you see if they're actually working on it.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:41 PM

Those numbers are fairly "magic" numbers that are commonly seen. When I first got the car it was reporting 240 (242?) miles, but eventually it changed to 201 miles. Since the August software update at the dealer (H228 I think?), it always reports 282 miles after a charge now.

The whole time it has only gotten around 200-215 miles or so of range regardless of the initial estimates, at least with my typical driving routes and behavior (less under some long-distance high-speed trips)... so the estimates reported after a full charge don't really seem to mean much. Of course that is with AC etc in the Texas summer heat. I'm curious to see what I get tomorrow for a longer drive I need to take with the temperatures in the 30s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:48 PM

Yes, the GoM (Guess-O-Meter) is far from perfect. Infotainment version S_19A (which I'm guessing you're on) has been well known to reset to 201 or 282, depending on certain factors. Mine was resetting to 282 for a while... making me feel good and impressing some passengers, but I knew better. It is currently (as in your case) resetting to a range of 201 miles. Your "real" range hasn't changed, it will still fall between 190 (lots of freeway miles at 75+) and 240 (mainly city driving). I hit the freeway 'hard' on Monday with a 190 mile round trip at 75mph+ Left with range of 201, drove 191 ACTUAL miles and had 8 miles of range left (which I considered pretty good since I drove fast, used heavy AC in 90-degree weather). However I did, of course, use Eco mode. If I didn't know my car well, I would have freaked out at 97 miles to go and just 90 miles of range, but I just kept speed at 75 (instead of 80+) to avoid the heavy degradation of range that occurs at higher speeds. I had a backup plan to stop short of destination for charge if needed, but as I got within 25 miles my range exceeded my remaining distance by 5-10 mi. Cutting it close can be unnerving until you do it a couple times to understand how the car will perform. You also have "low power mode" which boosts range 20-40% (eg, from 30 mi to 45 mi) in an emergency. Not recommended until you've built up your 'range anxiety' muscles., though.. ;-)
sciencegeek and peace0761 like this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for getting back to me real fast. The dealer did take it back from her since the software update but were unsuccessful in getting it fixed. Dealer is pretty responsive to our request and concerns and is working on getting a fix, Said they are aware of the issue. Waiting on the engineers from JLR to send the new update
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 05:26 PM

A GOM reset procedure (until it re-adapts itself) is:

Minimum Tools required:
Recognized key fob on driver
Two feet on driver
One usable finger on driver
One functioning eye on driver

Procedure:
  • Unlock car (if needed)
  • Open driver door
  • Have a seat in the driver seat
  • Close door
  • Push power button 1 time
  • Wait for car to be powered up
  • Clear any prompts for "OK"
  • Put one foot on stop pedal
  • Put other foot on go pedal
  • Use feet to press pedals down simultaneously and remain down for at least 10 seconds
  • Use eye to observe when GOM changes
  • Remove both feet from pedals
  • Use finger to press the power button
  • Use finger to open driver door using inside door release handle
  • Exit from the driver seat
  • Close door
sciencegeek and jbcarioca like this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 05:50 PM

What happened to the "3 jackrabbit starts"process to reset the GoM. Much more fun!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 08:41 PM

I was told that the miles are only an estimate based on recent driving history and that if it ever fully charges below 200 miles to take it in for service. I've stopped worrying about the inconsistency in the miles estimate and pay more attention to % of charge remaining.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 10:55 PM

After my I-pace had the H228 update my SOC/GOM resulted in the 201 miles after a 100% charge. Prior to the update for the first 6 months of ownership it always reset to 234 mi + or - based on my current driving style, temperature, etc. After exactly 60 days and exactly 1300 miles after the H228 update my SOC/GOM is now reading 234 mi + or - after a 100% charge. As indicated by a few it does finally get back to a more normal reading without doing anything but driving and allowing time to pass.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
A GOM reset procedure (until it re-adapts itself) is:

Minimum Tools required:
Recognized key fob on driver
Two feet on driver
One usable finger on driver
One functioning eye on driver

Procedure:
  • Unlock car (if needed)
  • Open driver door
  • Have a seat in the driver seat
  • Close door
  • Push power button 1 time
  • Wait for car to be powered up
  • Clear any prompts for "OK"
  • Put one foot on stop pedal
  • Put other foot on go pedal
  • Use feet to press pedals down simultaneously and remain down for at least 10 seconds
  • Use eye to observe when GOM changes
  • Remove both feet from pedals
  • Use finger to press the power button
  • Use finger to open driver door using inside door release handle
  • Exit from the driver seat
  • Close door
Which finger?

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page