Weird winter behavior - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Weird winter behavior

Drove my iPace for the first time in snow, and noticed a couple of things:

Driver assist was working fine but about 25miles into the drive, I got an alert saying “Driver Intervene”, and another one saying “Radar Sensor Blocked” and the adaptive cruise control stopped. For the rest of the drive, if I tried to resume cruise control, got the radar sensor blocked message and nothing happened.

When I parked after the drive, the trunk kept opening, stopping mid way, going up and down repeatedly. Very Halloween appropriate—looked haunted. Wondering if one of the “kick-sensors” got blocked with snow and kept triggering the opening/closing of the trunk?

Anyone seen these issues? Any recommendations for fixes? FYI, it was about 25degrees F, and light snow. There was moisture on the road, but the roads weren’t snow packed.

Thanks!
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 09:06 PM

I can't speak for the Jag (Yet - no snow!) but my previous BMW would get a build up snow on the radar sensor on the grill and of course the cruise control would quit. Easy remedy - get out and clean off the sensor. (The Jag badge on the grille).

Can't speak to the rear hatch either but sounds like dirt/damp.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 10:55 PM

I had the “haunted trunk” syndrome last year too when it snowed, not sure what is was seeing. But it stopped when the snow melted from the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavmisra View Post
Drove my iPace for the first time in snow, and noticed a couple of things:

Driver assist was working fine but about 25miles into the drive, I got an alert saying “Driver Intervene”, and another one saying “Radar Sensor Blocked” and the adaptive cruise control stopped. For the rest of the drive, if I tried to resume cruise control, got the radar sensor blocked message and nothing happened.

When I parked after the drive, the trunk kept opening, stopping mid way, going up and down repeatedly. Very Halloween appropriate—looked haunted. Wondering if one of the “kick-sensors” got blocked with snow and kept triggering the opening/closing of the trunk?

Anyone seen these issues? Any recommendations for fixes? FYI, it was about 25degrees F, and light snow. There was moisture on the road, but the roads weren’t snow packed.

Thanks!
The proximity sensors for the tailgate are under the sides of the rear fenders (12 inches or so behind the rear wheels). I went through a long, snowy, cold winter and never had a problem with the liftgate (besides the melting muck dripping on my head when it was opened!).

I only had one time when the cruise wouldn’t work on the I-Pace, but my Discovery gave me a crapton of problems with the little bit of snow we had a few weeks ago. I hope that isn’t a hint of what I can expect this winter.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbillcb View Post
I can't speak for the Jag (Yet - no snow!) but my previous BMW would get a build up snow on the radar sensor on the grill and of course the cruise control would quit. Easy remedy - get out and clean off the sensor. (The Jag badge on the grille).

Can't speak to the rear hatch either but sounds like dirt/damp.
Thanks! Unlikely that I’ll get out and clean the sensor on the freeway, but good to know where it is located for when I can get to it.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Good to hear that someone else had the same problem. Wonder if there is a way to disable the sensors so that you can lock the trunk. I wanted to lock the thing and get to my flight!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 11:12 PM

Sounds like the snowy weather crowd might need to figure out where the hatch fuse is located and be ready to pull it when this one happens! You'd think Jaguar would have found this one during cold-weather testing that I would hope they performed.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:54 AM

I'd bet the haunted trunk would stop opening and closing on its own after the key is moved away from the car. If you're standing beside the car wondering how to stop it, step away! The car should be checking for the key before opening the trunk.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRune View Post
Sounds like the snowy weather crowd might need to figure out where the hatch fuse is located and be ready to pull it when this one happens!
Fuse 17 in the loadspace fuse box. Yes, you have to open the hatch (be quick and get in before it closes!), pull the side panel, and then pull the fuse.

Once pulled and you manually close the hatch (will it lock?) you'll have to crawl in from inside to put the fuse back in when spring comes.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 05:53 AM

I had the haunted trunk for the first time today leaving the grocery store. It seemed to be because of the snow buildup behind the rear wheels. The sensors think its a foot sometimes.... Another software bug? Not in the I-Pace!

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page