15,000 mile report on the I-Pace. - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

15,000 mile report on the I-Pace.

I ordered my I-Pace in June 2018, IIRC. I took delivery in November 2018. It is Photon Red First Edition with 20" wheels.

I tend to drive a car harder than many folk do. I've taken the I-Pace to the dragstrip, and autocrossed it. I floor it every day. It will go past the advertised 124mph, about 127-128mph, and the speedo reads shy, not optimistic. No serious offroad, just light snow in the mountains, and driving up curbs and across dirt fields. I've DCFC charged it about two dozen times.

Still fun to drive, still puts a smile on my face. Still gets looks, complements, questions, and folk wanting discuss EVs in general. At least 3-4 times each week.
Paint is still great, no chips.
No squeaks, leaks, or panel alignment issues.
Interior is still in excellent shape, nothing has broken or loosened.
Tires are about 50%, time to rotate them.
Range is about 200 miles when Driven Like A Jaguar. It has never been a problem even once. I've taken a 1,600 mile roundtrip through the southwestern US deserts, covering California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah. Charging was not a serious issue, but WHY DON'T EV CHARGING STATIONS HAVE ROOFS FOR RAIN???? EVgo is the only one I've seen so far.

Problems:
It went in for an A/C leak. They fixed it.
It went in for a reflash, which had little effect except it stopped the Black Screen issue.

Tips:
To enhance rear visibility, remove the L and R side rear headrests and store them. Easy to do, and makes a big difference. Or just leave the rear seats down.

My opinion? This is my favorite car so far for urban duties. I have faster, I have larger, I have smaller cars. Cars with more and less amenities. But the Jaguar fits me and my lifestyle like a glove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3512.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	2673  

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 10-13-2019 at 09:52 AM.
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:21 PM

Did you have the jaguar outline on your rear quarter panel applied or was it OEM, because of your early purchase? Looks great, and is probably the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace. 👍

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 01:01 PM

Does the neon blue dinosaur always charge your car, or was that a one-time thing? That might be the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace.
McRat and PGhiron like this.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:19 AM

I 2nd the OP's evaluation with my I-Pace at similar mileage. The only issues I'm having now after the latest s/w update (finally SOTA) are Bluetooth iPhone getting kicked off Bluetooth or freezing while on (but it's kicked off and doesn't work on Bluetooth). In fact, I sold my 700HP/TQ full-bolt-on e85 2012 Nissan GT-R since I rarely drove and it sat in the garage with a battery trickle charger on it it while I've been enjoying my I-Pace everyday.
McRat and NerdUno like this.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishball View Post
Did you have the jaguar outline on your rear quarter panel applied or was it OEM, because of your early purchase? Looks great, and is probably the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace. ��
I ordered the stickers off Ebay and applied them. There is similar art on the eTrophy Racing I-Paces, but Jaguar doesn't know who makes the art, or at least I cannot find out. I think it should be a factory option.

Last edited by McRat; 10-14-2019 at 11:50 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Does the neon blue dinosaur always charge your car, or was that a one-time thing? That might be the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace.
I normally use a Garden Troll for our vacation mascot. But I saw Dino in the gift shop at the Baker, California EVgo DCFC, and he seemed to be appropriate.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
I 2nd the OP's evaluation with my I-Pace at similar mileage. The only issues I'm having now after the latest s/w update (finally SOTA) are Bluetooth iPhone getting kicked off Bluetooth or freezing while on (but it's kicked off and doesn't work on Bluetooth). In fact, I sold my 700HP/TQ full-bolt-on e85 2012 Nissan GT-R since I rarely drove and it sat in the garage with a battery trickle charger on it it while I've been enjoying my I-Pace everyday.
I had to delete my profile, delete the Bluetooth hooks on the Jag, then delete BT Jaguar from the phone. Then I 'remarried' it and started a fresh profile. Before that I was having BT issues with an i-Phone 10 after both a car reflash and phone iOS update. So far so good. I had also married an Android before, and I don't know if it was getting confused, or it was Jaguar BT or the Apple BT.
sflgator likes this.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:15 AM

I'm 2,500 miles behind the OP's mileage, but my 12.5k miles are split over 3 brand new I-Paces: my original 2019 FE (5k mi), the loaner 2019 FE (3k mi) I drove for 6 weeks while JLR corporate waffled on whether they would change out my heated windshield for a non-heated one, and then finally the 2020 HSE (4500 mi) I took delivery of 10 weeks ago. All were nearly identical vehicles (my HSE is essentially the FE minus the heated windshield).

Favorites: 1. Best handling and performing car I've owned, including 6 Mercedes, 3 BMWs, 2 Corvette and Z28.
2. Don't miss gas stations at all, or the noise, or the fumes, or even gear shifts (still have stick BMW M-series for that)
3. Pleasantly surprised by minimal impact "finding a charge" has really been on moderate in-state travel outside of 1-charge range
4. Even with all known competitors now on market, no regrets: best combination of exterior style, interior luxury, performance and range

Drawbacks: 1. Touch screens lag. I knew that long before purchase and it only bugs me on rare occasion.
2. Idiosynchratic GDO signal: some days I zig and zag 2-3 times in/out of garage to get the danm Homelink signal to work!
3. Not 'truly' independent climate controls... only 1 fan speed for all 4 'zones': temperatures can differ, but not fan speeds :-(
4. "Autopilot" hasn't really given me confidence of its lane-keeping abilities... useful/helpful, but can 'get lane lost' without notice

Problems: None to speak of, really. I can recall a time or two the rear camera didn't come on without a repeat press of "R", a blank lower screen (media/climate) for a brief period once or twice, and a handful of 'lane loss' situations on cruise control with driver assist. However, none of the 3 cars I drove over the past 10 months experienced any serious problems. I'm confident of 190 mi range at 75+mph on highway (Eco mode) and 220-240 mi range in city (<50mph) driving. The Range Meter is a bit liberal, but I just keep an eye on the "tank gauge" and figure on 50 mi per quarter tank. Punching it at lights (or especially freeway on-ramps) is still great fun!
McRat, sflgator and NerdUno like this.

Last edited by dtgsrq; 10-15-2019 at 01:17 AM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:34 AM

6600 miles since handover in late January. The last 200 miles were put on by the service foreman who drove it home twice to help diagnose the bad battery. Haha.

Most awesome car overall. I really do miss it. Agree with most everything everybody is saying here. Amazing car. It's the only thing that gives me patience in this ridiculously slow warranty process.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 12:04 PM

6200 miles in just over 9 months in my FE. No major issues, other than the BSD, which was fixed with S19A update. My city/freeway range is probably the opposite from everyone else, because I get better efficiency on the highway (70 mph +) than I do in hilly SF (also the city trips tend to be short, under 5 miles). Average miles per % charge is around 1.9 on high regen. Can easily make it up to Napa wine country and back without charging. If needed, the city of Yountville has essentially free Level 2 charging. I drive almost exclusively in comfort/normal mode. Never used low mode (no range anxiety). Extremely fun versatile car to drive, but have not pushed it to its limits like McRat has.

I recently tried lowering the passenger sides climate fan speed, only to have the entire system fall out of auto climate mode. I though this was a software glitch, but thanks to dtgsrq for pointing this out.

I-Pace FE, Corris Gray, 20" rims

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page