Corris Grey or Photon Red?? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Corris Grey or Photon Red??

Well, after researching and driving the iPace a few more times I've decided to switch over from my Macan Turbo. I've now seen all of the colors in person but have a dilema.. I can't decide between Photon Red and Corris Grey (Yulong White being the sneaky sleeper option). I'd love to hear opinions from people with iPaces in one of those colors!

I feel like the Photon Red suits the car the best but I'm a little concerned it'll draw too much negative attention and I may get sick of it.

Corris Grey is basically the same as my Agate Grey. A nice, safe, luxury color... but my third grey car in a row.

Yulong White also seems to suit the car well and hide dirt surprisingly well.. but so, so many white cars out there.

I realize I have to make the call but I'd love to hear thoughts from people that have lived with this choice!
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:05 PM

I didn't get red because my car isn't garaged and red fades quickly in the CA sun ..
fedorachef likes this.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:14 PM

I’m solidly in the red car camp, however I prefer a bright red. I bought my Photon Red FE without actually seeing it in person and was disappointed in how orange it looked. If I were to do it again, I would get the Cesium Blue, which is crazy because I have never been a fan of blue cars, but the I-Pace looks awesome in that color.
Way to many cars are gray, black or white and just make the I-Pace blend in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:18 PM

I have Cesium blue and love the color (specially with black optics package and black wheels), but it is attention getting, maybe even more than the red. I don’t own either cars but here is my opinion anyway:

The red is a nice red, unusual, eye catching. But I do wonder whether it will age well over the years. It may, but it is a “fragile” color in that it shifts a lot based on ambient light. This can be good or it can be bad depending on your view.

The gray is elegant, pretty and safe. And I would suggest is the second or third best color for the car shape.

So in a way you can’t go wrong with either, and you will probably have some “regrets” whichever you choose. So you can’t go wrong really.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:50 PM

I have Photon Red and almost didn't take delivery of it when it arrived at the dealer.
It was an overcast day and the color was showing too much orange compared to what was in the marketing literature.
I told the dealer to hold it until I could return on a sunny day.
After seeing it in the sun the red comes out a bit more so I took the car.

I already have a blue XKR, a black XF and I didn't want grey. So Photon Red it was.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:17 PM

Same camp as you.

Drove another FE in Photon red this weekend.
My concern is the red seems like I would get tired of it after a while.
The Corris Gray is nice too, but it's a bit bland for me and the few that I've seen out in the wild have all been this color

My favorite ones would be the Blue, then Brasco Gray
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate the responses so far!!

I'm not really a fan of the Blue. Or more specifically, it's a beautiful color but for whatever reason I've never been a fan of brighter blue cars.

I really want to just look at a Photon Red throughout the day but the nearest dealer with one is 160 miles away.. d'oh!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 03:00 PM

As a Photon Red owner, I highly recommend it. You want compliments and attention? This is the color. If you want to disappear, get a grey car, sure, but then why get the I-Pace?

It IS more orange than the marketing material shows. I was uneasy at first. However people of all types really like it. Every race. Every age. Every socioeconomic level. People are floored.

My second favorite is the blue. Beyond that, all the colors are a bit meh to me. A regular red looks a bit dull now.

If you want to disappear, get a Model 3.
epirali and GratedWasabi like this.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
As a Photon Red owner, I highly recommend it. You want compliments and attention? This is the color. If you want to disappear, get a grey car, sure, but then why get the I-Pace?

It IS more orange than the marketing material shows. I was uneasy at first. However people of all types really like it. Every race. Every age. Every socioeconomic level. People are floored.

My second favorite is the blue. Beyond that, all the colors are a bit meh to me. A regular red looks a bit dull now.

If you want to disappear, get a Model 3.
What a pep talk... hahaha!

jsimon, how have you found the Photon Red to hold up to dirt and such?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post

If you want to disappear, get a Model 3. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Very convincing. I wish the FEs had the comfort seats

Any visibility issues with the heated windshield?

What interior color and Can post post pics?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page