3 questions: Front Sensors, adaptive high beams, muting nav - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fedorachef

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

3 questions: Front Sensors, adaptive high beams, muting nav

Hi,

I had three questions that I hope someone can help me with:

1. The front sensors don't seem to detect objects when I'm driving forward, but if I put the car in reverse, then all sensors will detect objects. So, for instance, if I'm driving into the garage, the sensors won't beep even if there is something in front of the car, but if I put the car in R, and then D, it starts beeping. Is that expected behavior? Can I change it so it alerts me to objects in front?

2. If it was in auto-high beam, my Model S would auto adjust from high to low beam if there was a car in front, and then go back to high beam when there wasn't. Is there a way to do that on the iPace? The area we live in is in the mountains with unlit roads, so it would be a big help if I didn't have to manually adjust from low to high to low beam.

3. Is there an easy way to mute the navigation? I don't always need to hear the turn directions. In the Model S, you just have to hit an icon on the screen to mute--is there anything similar?

Thanks in advance!
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 01:38 AM

1. There's a button on the screen to turn on the front sensors. I think they should turn on automatically below, say, 5 mph, but they don't.

2. I believe if you hold back on the highbeam stalk for a few seconds, the auto mode goes on. There's a light on the dash that lets you know. It works well, better than the Model X's I drove a few years ago, but it's not perfect. We live on a canyon road, so I hear ya.

3. I have no idea. I use Waze on my phone.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 07:39 AM

3. With your route map in the center display, you'll see a symbol of 6 little box in the lower left corner. Touch that. In lower right you'll see a larger box with MUTE in it. Touch that.

You can also use the audio volume control knob to turn the volume all the way down while an instruction is given. The "while an instruction is given" is important because it will revert to audio control for the media system while an instruction is not given.

Last edited by Ayepace; 09-29-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 07:46 AM

There is an auto position on the light control stalk as you rotate to enable auto mode.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 04:41 PM

For the front warnings, I think you need to have front collision avoidance on. It was off on my car on delivery. I'm not 100% sure on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190929_102622_1569789486954.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2605  
McRat likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the answers! I will try them out tomorrow!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

I was able to get the auto beam to work! The only problem is that it only works if there are NO lights in the vicinity. The Tesla auto beam seems to be more effective in that it is triggered to go low beam just based on if there are car lights in front of you.

Also got the nav to mute.

I haven't been able to get the front sensors to work though. I made sure that the Collision Avoidance Forward Alert was checked, and changed the sensitivity to High, but I still don't get warnings when I pull into the garage and there is something in front. When I put it in R, and then back to D, I start getting the beeps. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Manav.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavmisra View Post
I haven't been able to get the front sensors to work though. I made sure that the Collision Avoidance Forward Alert was checked, and changed the sensitivity to High, but I still don't get warnings when I pull into the garage and there is something in front. When I put it in R, and then back to D, I start getting the beeps. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Manav.
On my outgoing F Pace it was a real hassle figuring it out but it could be done.

You would need to be in either Drive or Reverse & close enough to something to set off the Parking Aids and make a window with little "bumpers" appears (that show you where you're close to something).

On that window, there was a Settings gear icon in the lower righthand corner. You could click it and then set the front sensor to be permanently on when going slow.

I'm going out in a couple hours and will see if the I Pace is the same. I had it active in my F Pace and hopefully the feature hasn't been disabled.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:16 PM

Yup - above still works with the I-Pace if you want parking sensors to automatically activate...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	2645   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0043.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	2647  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbow View Post
Yup - above still works with the I-Pace if you want parking sensors to automatically activate...
Thanks! Those pictures were very helpful. No way that I would have discovered this functionality otherwise!

Manav.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page