Got it delivered today.

1st impressions:

Infotainment navigation faster
Creep mode stays on
myEV icons stay on

Front camera rendering in 360 mode still blurred
Perpendicular parking aid still greyed out

That’s it for now
Thanks for the update. Great to hear that it's starting to roll out in North America. There were supposed to be a lot of updates to CarPlay as well.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-24-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyA View Post
Got it delivered today.

1st impressions:

Infotainment navigation faster
Creep mode stays on
myEV icons stay on

Front camera rendering in 360 mode still blurred
Perpendicular parking aid still greyed out

That’s it for now
Since you were able to get SOTA to update...would it be possible for you to post on this forum your software update screen for both the telematics and infotainment (showing 19B). My telematics doesnt seem to be working and just want to compare what you see versus what I see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-24-2019, 10:28 PM

I was able to get 19B today. Tried yesterday by leaving a message for the Service Advisor at the dealer I purchased the car. No callback or update. Called another dealer's Service Advisor. He started with saying all he could see were the two campaigns I still need to get done. I tried to get him to the software update page, but it wasn't going well. He then said he would check with his service tech. After a minute or so, he was back and found the page in TOPIx and pushed the update. He was genuinely interested in getting this right.

Also, only Touch Pro shows the version number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19B.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	2587   Click image for larger version

Name:	None.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	2589  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waja View Post
I was able to get 19B today. Tried yesterday by leaving a message for the Service Advisor at the dealer I purchased the car. No callback or update. Called another dealer's Service Advisor. He started with saying all he could see were the two campaigns I still need to get done. I tried to get him to the software update page, but it wasn't going well. He then said he would check with his service tech. After a minute or so, he was back and found the page in TOPIx and pushed the update. He was genuinely interested in getting this right.

Ah I guess you're one of the three iPaces ahead of me which is why John called me to tell me they hadn't started on mine yet
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:

Wait the service dealer need to push it to the car for update to appear? We can't just update on our own?
joshpcarey likes this.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 09:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Ah I guess you're one of the three iPaces ahead of me which is why John called me to tell me they hadn't started on mine yet
Not sure if you're ahead of me or I'm ahead of you, but mine went in on Monday as well. They installed the updated cable (H207) and sticker (H221) yesterday, but no software yet, so still pending the brake recall (H213), software enhancement (H228), and S19B.

I did find out that the online reservation system doesn't actually book you. It puts you in a queue so the lady that runs the parts / payment desk can call you the next business day to confirm the appointment and actually book a loaner car. Unfortunately I found out the hard way, by booking on Friday and coming in on Monday, so no loaner car. They had to send me over to Enterprise, so now I'm in a (shudder) Dodge minivan.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Not mine. Last time I was there was two weeks ago. I still need to get a hood latch cable changed and a sticker placed on the charge door (both were back-ordered). I'm waiting till next month some time to go back in. Hopefully, your car won't be ahead of mine when I get there.
sciencegeek likes this.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Your telematics version is blank as well. Something has changed and the word "telematics" is now gone and the version displays nothing. I was doing some tests with my car. If I hit update for infotainment you will see the windows symbols spin around and then no updates found. If you try on telematics it immediately fails and says no updates. I think since there is no telematics version it immediately fails and you never get the windows symbol spinning while it checks for software
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Unread 09-25-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Wait the service dealer need to push it to the car for update to appear? We can't just update on our own?
From what I understand, after JLR creates a new InControl Touch release, JLR then does a controlled release. At this time, JLR is only releasing I-Pace updates to the dealer. The dealer needs to enable the update for the update to appear in your car. As to why this is being done, I don't know. Maybe JLR is being overly cautious. Maybe JLR wants to get feedback prior to doing a full release.
joshpcarey likes this.