I-Pace App - Pre-Start Car ... - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kp11260

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I-Pace App - Pre-Start Car ...

OK... I would like to see if anyone else will test this out...??

For the past 5 days I've been using the app to pre-cool my car before I get in usually 5 minutes to 15/20min before ... I just click on the start button then get in and go... the funny thing is my car now charges to 282 miles every time... now I don't get that type of distance but I do get better than the 201 to 210 miles I was getting before...

Could someone else try this to make sure I'm just not crazy...!!! Thanks...

By the way I am in Texas (Houston) our temperature until a few days ago has been 95+ (F) and over 100+ (F) with humidity...

I-Pace 2019 Santorini Black w/Oyster Sport Seats HSE
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc95 View Post
OK... I would like to see if anyone else will test this out...??

For the past 5 days I've been using the app to pre-cool my car before I get in usually 5 minutes to 15/20min before ... I just click on the start button then get in and go... the funny thing is my car now charges to 282 miles every time... now I don't get that type of distance but I do get better than the 201 to 210 miles I was getting before...

Could someone else try this to make sure I'm just not crazy...!!! Thanks...

By the way I am in Texas (Houston) our temperature until a few days ago has been 95+ (F) and over 100+ (F) with humidity...
Preconditioning your car while plugged increases your battery efficiency as it doesn’t require the car to use the battery to bring it to optimal operating temperature
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Dantrium - yes I understand this... I am talking about all the other times during the day before get in I do the Remote Climate control for about 5 to 15 minutes before I get in... just a thing I saw over time... might be a quark for me ... just thought I would put that here..

Charging I do charge every-night ... since I run around all day and use almost all of my charge... but I don't leave my car on the charger once it is at 100% and the app tells me it's done I usually unplug it at night... just thought someone else might try the Remote Climate and see if they notice any changes...

Tony C.

I-Pace 2019 Santorini Black w/Oyster Sport Seats HSE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc95 View Post
Dantrium - yes I understand this... I am talking about all the other times during the day before get in I do the Remote Climate control for about 5 to 15 minutes before I get in... just a thing I saw over time... might be a quark for me ... just thought I would put that here..

Charging I do charge every-night ... since I run around all day and use almost all of my charge... but I don't leave my car on the charger once it is at 100% and the app tells me it's done I usually unplug it at night... just thought someone else might try the Remote Climate and see if they notice any changes...

Tony C.
Ignore your distance to empty gauge. Many people are reporting it no longer works as originally designed - which was to estimate your future fuel economy based on your past driving habits and current outside temperatures. Many are reporting the car now displays either 201 or 282 miles to empty at full charge. Obviously neither of those are remotely accurate given the variables of driving style and temperatures.

Focus on actual energy used. Knowing your state of charge and average current consumption will allow you to determine your distance to empty.

Starting your car unplugged prior to driving it away isn’t going to increase the overall fuel economy of the car, despite what the distance to empty gauge displays.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:11 AM

Welcome to the forum. I concur with #Dantrium... after 10k mi on 3 different I-Paces, including two 2019 FEs (one a loaner for 2k mi) and now a 2020 HSE (I traded in my FE to 'delete' the heated windshield) I've seen it all with the GoM: 100% SOC max of 201, 282, and (for the first 6 months or so on software version S18_D) variability between 190 and 240 depending on my recent driving history. Unless and until JLR makes some radical changes to the software, you should count on range of 185-210 highway and 215-250 city, depending on (i) speed - the faster you drive (over 50mph) the worse range gets, (ii) auxiliary power use (HVAC, heated steering/windshield/seats, etc., including use of preconditioning while not plugged in) and (iii) ambient temperature - the lower the air temperature the worse range gets.

All that said, recently I have experienced what you describe above: my I-Pace had been exhibiting a 100% SOC range of 201, then I used preconditioning several times last week... now I'm again seeing the 282 at 100% SOC. I've learned to ignore the GoM and use the 50 mi per quarter "tank" reading as a crude estimate of range. I've (recently) watched the 282 run down to 30 mi over 180 ACTUAL mi driven.

Although after 9 months the novelty of the car has worn off, the joy of driving it hasn't. Luckily, I haven't experienced any of the major issues reported in this forum (which I expect is the case for most owners). I have only 3 regrets: (i) the sluggish infotainment, but I'm over that, (ii) as an eager early adopter I paid about $10K more than those who waited 6+ months, and (iii) watching the media treat lukewarm (and recently declining) sales of the car as a negative seems to only further handicap sales.

Last edited by dtgsrq; 09-15-2019 at 07:21 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 10:57 AM

I concre. After 10k miles. After all the same problems Joy of driving the car is still there.
joshpcarey likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page