Lemon Law - Buyback Process - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Lemon Law - Buyback Process

Has any I-Pace owners successfully had JLR buyback their car as part of their respective state's Lemon Law? Any help or advice from fellow I-Pace owners would be helpful. I've filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. In filing the complaint Jaguar is rated "F""

In TX the Lemon law specifies:
The Four Times Test (My car has been in the repair shop 4x for software problems)

You pass this test if you have taken your vehicle to the dealership for repair
  • Four (4) times for the same defect(s) within the first two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first; and
  • the problem continues to exist.
The Serious Safety Hazard Test (My car has been in the repair shop 2x for brake; first one for brake recall and second one with brakes not working and all 4 wheels locking up)

A serious safety hazard is a life-threatening malfunction that substantially impedes your ability to control or operate the vehicle normally, or that creates a substantial risk of fire or explosion. You pass this test if you have taken your vehicle to the dealership two or more times for the repair of a serious safety hazard
  • during first two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first, and
The 30 Day Test (I'm about to hit the 30 day mark, but the dealer has given me a loaner. Is a gas engine car thats $30k less comparable)?

If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect(s) that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no comparable loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:36 PM

It's no different just because it's a Jaguar. I know somebody who got a buyback because Apple Carplay would not work. After he returned the car, the problem was isolated. It was Apple.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Has any I-Pace owners successfully had JLR buyback their car as part of their respective state's Lemon Law? Any help or advice from fellow I-Pace owners would be helpful. I've filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. In filing the complaint Jaguar is rated "F""

In TX the Lemon law specifies:
The Four Times Test (My car has been in the repair shop 4x for software problems)

You pass this test if you have taken your vehicle to the dealership for repair
  • Four (4) times for the same defect(s) within the first two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first; and
The Serious Safety Hazard Test (My car has been in the repair shop 2x for brake; first one for brake recall and second one with brakes not working and all 4 wheels locking up)

A serious safety hazard is a life-threatening malfunction that substantially impedes your ability to control or operate the vehicle normally, or that creates a substantial risk of fire or explosion. You pass this test if you have taken your vehicle to the dealership two or more times for the repair of a serious safety hazard
  • during first two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first, and
The 30 Day Test (I'm about to hit the 30 day mark, but the dealer has given me a loaner. Is a gas engine car thats $30k less comparable)?

If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect(s) that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no comparable loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test.
JLR bought my car back, but I didn’t go through the Lemon Law process. They were very easy to work with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
It's no different just because it's a Jaguar. I know somebody who got a buyback because Apple Carplay would not work. After he returned the car, the problem was isolated. It was Apple.
Apple did something special for this one vehicle or to Jaguar in general? Or is this an industry wide problem?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
JLR bought my car back, but I didnt go through the Lemon Law process. They were very easy to work with.

Dantrium, can you Private Message me on the steps you took to get JLR to buyback your I-pace?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page