Interesting Battery Range Display - New? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sbingham60

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Interesting Battery Range Display - New?

I stumbled into a battery range display on the Nav system that I hadn't noticed before. I recently got the SOTA infotainment update and maybe it showed up then? Of maybe I've just been missing it.

In any case, for others that may not have seen it: When the Nav System presents a list of possible destinations along the left side of the display, if you scroll down some there is a Battery Range selection (as shown in the first photo). If you select that, you'll see a display detailing the presumably based upon road speed and terrain conditions, shown in the second photo.

Now I know there will be arguments as to how accurate this is, but it does provide a potentially useful data point for a quick check of your max remaining distance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	2435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	2437  

Last edited by StormRune; 08-27-2019 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Trying to fix embedded image links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:59 PM

If Jaguar could overlay selectable charging stations (DC Fast, Level 2, etc.) we could plan round trips. It is a nice feature though.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRune View Post
I stumbled into a battery range display on the Nav system that I hadn't noticed before. I recently got the SOTA infotainment update and maybe it showed up then? Of maybe I've just been missing it.

In any case, for others that may not have seen it: When the Nav System presents a list of possible destinations along the left side of the display, if you scroll down some there is a Battery Range selection (as shown in the first photo). If you select that, you'll see a display detailing the presumably based upon road speed and terrain conditions, shown in the second photo.

Now I know there will be arguments as to how accurate this is, but it does provide a potentially useful data point for a quick check of your max remaining distance.
The range display has always been there. I had it in 18D and others have seen it in 18C.
You can also program in prefered charging station options to be available within navigation. I turned mine off because once you reach a certain threshold, the navigation routing will change to make sure you get to the next available charging station. I know this car well enough by now, that I know I can get home even it I have less than 10% SOC left. You can always turn back on charging station type options if you need them, or just use ChargePoint.

The display is a good, reasonable indicator that you can use to look at possible charging options if you are likely to go beyond the range.
StormRune likes this.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page