The Jag has a new roommate - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 19Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

The Jag has a new roommate

Will try and answer questions objectively while worrying I’ll be trolled by both sides! They are both brilliant!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BFBBE2E2-5237-467E-95F9-5E71CD8EC8AD_1566605686961.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	2405  
McRat, Calidave, Time2Roll and 3 others like this.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nict View Post
Will try and answer questions objectively while worrying I’ll be trolled by both sides! They are both brilliant!
Congratulations, Nict. Both are great looking vehicles. I'm jealous as I would love to ditch my ICE for another EV.
Time2Roll and Nict like this.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-23-2019, 11:39 PM

Nice!!
Nict likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-24-2019, 09:33 AM

Honestly you should not be trolled by ANYONE. We all choose what we like, you like both! Congrats.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-25-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nict View Post

Will you use the same charger with an adapter, or get a second one, or rely on off-site charging?

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Delivered 2/22/19
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-26-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to use the Tesla adapter that came with the 3--seems to work fine with my ChargePoint
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-27-2019, 11:03 AM

No trolling here. What are your impressions? Any surprises? Would love to get your unbiased opinion.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-27-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

The Jag is a lot more "normal" and has a smoother ride and nicer interior trim (remember there is a $20K price gap after you take into account discounts and tax credits). I am also a huge fan of hatchbacks and I am still stunned by the Jag's exterior design. The M3 accelerates faster (there is no discernible difference in acceleration between our AWD LR and the 3 Performance) but the Jag is certainly not slow! The Tesla also "delights" in a way that I find Apple products do (here come the trolls!) and I think Jaguar missed some tricks to do same, such as not having an on/off button, using phone as key, the way the charging port opens and closes, etc. The Tesla has far better infotainment software and app support than the clumsy junk in the Jag, but I don't see that much because I live in Apple CarPlay and I miss that in the M3. I also think autopilot is ahead of the Jag's autonomous mode. But, overall they are both wonderful in their own way. Of course, there are external factors--we're going to Chicago this weekend and we can't take the Jag because of poor EV infrastructure in our part of the country--but we'll be fine with the M3 and Superchargers. there isn't a bad choice!
sciencegeek, Calidave and dennis like this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Unread 08-27-2019, 04:35 PM

I can see myself owning a Model Y but not a Model 3. I haven't owned a sedan since the the early 2000s; all have been either hatchbacks or wagons.
Calidave likes this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 06:38 PM

I have had an I-Pace 2019 HSE since June of this year. Last weekend my wife got a Kia Niro EV EX Premium, and I may chime in with my own comments comparing those two cars. My wife's and my initial impressions are that the I-Pace is a much more fun to drive car and looks a ton better. The Niro is an extremely competent car, and in Sports mode is actually a fun car to drive (there's plenty of get-up-and-go, especially at highway speeds). The main area in which the Niro absolutely trashes the I-Pace is in terms of the software. The software on the Niro just works, which is far from my (and based on other postings on this forum) experience with the I-Pace. Happy to take my comments elsewhere, but "The Jag has a new roommate" was also relevant to my situation and so I'm adding my $0.02's (apologies to the OP if that is highjacking this thread).
Nict likes this.