• 3 Post By Bobby
  • 3 Post By 2761
  • 1 Post By Time2Roll
  • 1 Post By keijidosha

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Stuff that would make this car perfect

Dear Jaguar,

I really love driving my I-Pace HSE. It's comfortable and fast.

Please, however, fix these items to make me even happier:
1. I wish CarPlay were wireless. In absence of that, at least make it faster. It's slower than the wireless one in my BMW.
2. The over the air update thing is tough since the car forgets my WiFi every time it's turned off. I type it in anew and I'm told "no update available" despite others in the U.S. having done it. Why? Please fix.
3. Everything about the software is too lethargic. Please speed it up. Optimize!
4. Why the heck do my climate control knobs switch to Celsius about once a week? Please fix.
5. Many cars include the traffic, news, weather info in the price of the car. I hate that I have to sign up with AT&T for this. Maybe at least give us (your loyal beta testers of this car) 5 years free. Kind of like early Tesla owners got free supercharging. Please?

Ya see, just a few minor things.. any chance of fixing them to make me, your loyal owner, a bit more satisfied?

Thanks,

Bob
Time2Roll, keijidosha and DoubleD like this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:28 PM

Haha, nice
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:28 PM

JLR please add to your list:
1) Increase sensitivity of blind spot monitoring to illuminate the icon before adjacent vehicle has already completely disappeared. (safety)
2) Adjust adaptive cruise control so that it doesn't track vehicles in adjacent lanes and apply the brakes when that vehicle slows. (safety)
3) Add digital rear view mirror for better visibility but give ability to toggle off to check on rear seat passengers (safety)
4) Allow driver to select a percentage for charging battery to extend lifetime (maintenance, warranty)
5) Allow driver to select separate timed charging for weekdays and weekends (Cost)
6) Do not make timed charging dependent upon a departure being set (Ease of Use)
7) Make timed charging a persistent setting, e.g. do not make the driver set it to "on" after each vehicle shutdown (Ease of Use)
8) Disable charge port locking mechanism in North American market or make system more robust (maintenance, warranty)
9) Fix charge port LED to match owners manual. Often times the LED does not appear when plugging or unplugging charging cable (Ease of Use)
10) Add MPGe field to trip bank to allow comparisons to ICE vehicles or for simple method of determining vehicle efficiency (Ease of Use)
11) Display remaining battery kWh in addition to SoC percentage. (Ease of Use)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:04 PM

Charging cable lock should be optional with three modes.
1) lock as it does now
2) Unlock upon charge complete
3) Never lock

Never lock should be the default. The lock makes sharing an evse at work very difficult.

Location based charging timer would be wonderful. And since this must be done manually why do I need to open the door to start charging when I go out to plug my car in after 10pm when the electric rates drop?

Four down towing option I would pay for.
DoubleD likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
Charging cable lock should be optional with three modes.
1) lock as it does now
2) Unlock upon charge complete
3) Never lock

Never lock should be the default. The lock makes sharing an evse at work very difficult.

Location based charging timer would be wonderful. And since this must be done manually why do I need to open the door to start charging when I go out to plug my car in after 10pm when the electric rates drop?

Four down towing option I would pay for.
The I-Pace is My 4th BEV

The lock mode 1 makes sense in Europe where drivers must bring the cable that attaches the EVSE to the car. Don't want others walking off with your expensive cable.

But I agree that in the US, The cable should not lock to the car unless told to do so (no Option 1). Option 3 as default, and ability to lock connector when car is locked (car is charging while you go shop or eat) and ability to release connector while car remains locked using the app.

I hope these types of changes are coming in future software releases.
DoubleD likes this.

- 2009 BMW MINI E > 2013 Honda Fit EV > 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
- 2013 Ford C-Max Energi > 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page