Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Better blind spot coverage in 30 seconds.

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  LauderdaleFE 
#1 ·
OK, this is simple. Adjust your side mirrors so they cannot see the side of the car by 6". Adjust towards car, when you see car, back it it out just enough so the side vanishes again.
There is one button on the side of the rear head rests. Push to remove outboard headrests. Or fold down seats.

At 3' behind the car, there is only a single gap of ~4" wide. At 1 car length behind the car, there is significant overlap in the mirrors.

At first I was running a rear camera display on the dash to fix this, but it became a PITA. JLR really needs to add a digital rearview, but the blind spot is virtually gone if the headrest don't block your view.

#7 ·
I like the blind spot LEDs too and well as the 'warning' system. But I read where somebody was saying there was too much blind spot, which I agree with, and found most of the problem is the headrests and aiming the mirrors for their greatest coverage.

Reactions: sciencegeek
#3 ·
So do you then need to reset the #1 programming button to keep it there after the adjustment for later trips?

(I think the mirrors position is part of the 1-4 individual programming on the door buttons, along with seat positions, etc.)

#5 ·
My mirrors just remember automatically. When they tilt down for backing, they return to my "very near the body" setting. But I'm the sole driver. I imagine it would save according to the docs.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I'm thinking about looking at something like this. Haven't compared any and don't have any experience with them so don't have a recommendation at this point. Maybe we'll get lucky and one day JLR will offer ClearView as an aftermarket option. Wouldn't think it would be that hard for them to do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNQ3Z6...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I tried one that that, and I had too much reflection of the interior. Then I mounted it on top of my dashboard and it worked much better. It's a good solution if you don't encounter reflection issues. I used it for 2000 miles then removed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.