Hello from San Diego. Just got my I PACE HSE today. So far it’s great. A couple questions:
1. I’d like to turn off the “goodbye” screen for preconditioning. When I go to the correct location in the settings as per the manual I wind up in the settings for time of use. Any hints?
2. Is there a way to set the upper charge % limit? I’ve seen on other threads that folks say it’s ok to go to 100% all the time. Is that the current consensus?
3. Are most of us still patiently waiting for the OTA v19 update? I tried to use the “update note” button a few times but it keeps telling me it’s not available. Despite the fact that I specifically asked the dealer to install v19 I still wound up with v18. Everything seems to work reasonably well. CarPlay is super slow, slower that the wireless version on my BMW.
4. Anyone have the sunshade? Does it help much?
Thanks very much!
Welcome to the forum, Bob. You're going to love your I-Pace! So here are a few answers for you:
1) I'll check on the goodbye screen and get back to you.
2) There currently isn't a way to set the charge for a specific % and how much you charge will depend on your needs. I don't think there's a concurrence on charging to 100% but there was a thread in this forum about extending battery life by keeping the state of charge (SoC) between 25% and 80%.
I use a 32 Amp level 2 home charger that adds about 8% per hour so I set the timed charging based on this rate to charge to near 80%.
3) I don't understand why your dealer didn't update to 19A but many members haven't updated either because their infotainment works well and every update fixes some things but breaks others. I'm on an older version of 19A because it works so well.
Not sure why you can't use OTA but check your WiFi or AT&T-provided mobile data to ensure they are connected. I've had to turn them off and then on again to get the update button to select.
4) I have the sunscreen and it's huge and hard to install but living in Colorado I find it very useful. I lived in San Diego for many years and think it would be useful for you. It will reduce the need for air conditioning so your range will be better.
Oh, make sure that the dealer set up your Incontrol account and navigation profile. If not, you won't be able to use OTA.
Again, welcome to the forum and I will let you know about the goodbye screen.