Black Screen Recovery, In Flight! - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:52 PM

Ford's early Sync systems were pretty buggy but Sync 3 is awesome. Never a blank or delayed screen, voice command is great, nav is good and AA works well. Only issue is the iPod interface. Usually takes a few minutes for Sync to "index" the music even after a short stop. Playlists disappear and sometimes the individual tracks get moved to other playlists. I've experienced entire albums being deleted.

Of course Apple products seem to mysteriously stop working when there's a new update which forces the user to download the new files. I hate that aspect from Apple.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:56 PM

I had a Chevy Volt before my I-Pace and it's infotainment basically ran perfect for the 3.5 years I had it. Booted up immediately, didn't even have to wait a second before kicking it into reverse and off I went. Push start, shift to reverse, shift to drive, never a glitch. So it may just be that I'm jaded coming from a PHEV car that had no lag and no issues the entire time I owned it, to a car that costs literally twice as much and requires me to count to ten, cross my fingers and toes, say a prayer, do a Gregorian chant, apologize to my husband for making us buy this thing (not a joke), THEN put it in reverse. =/
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:14 PM

Garage
There should be no apologies for the system in the i-Pace, and the idea of having to unlock the car using the remote while you approach is not what we all paid for. The car has "Keyless Entry & Push Button Start", which on any other car means you walk up, open, get in, and start the car. If we have to push the button as we approach to start the boot process that defeats the purpose.

My 2012 A6 had all of these features, and there wasn't a need to wait to do anything. If one of the systems wasn't up, it would still come up as you were driving (navigation took a few more seconds to load).

This all comes down to Jaguar making poor choices in the platform and the programmers, which is a real shame, considering how good the car drives and handles. It's such a major blemish on an otherwise great car.
epirali likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
There should be no apologies for the system in the i-Pace, and the idea of having to unlock the car using the remote while you approach is not what we all paid for. The car has "Keyless Entry & Push Button Start", which on any other car means you walk up, open, get in, and start the car. If we have to push the button as we approach to start the boot process that defeats the purpose.

My 2012 A6 had all of these features, and there wasn't a need to wait to do anything. If one of the systems wasn't up, it would still come up as you were driving (navigation took a few more seconds to load).

This all comes down to Jaguar making poor choices in the platform and the programmers, which is a real shame, considering how good the car drives and handles. It's such a major blemish on an otherwise great car.
Seriously. It's like if they said "This vehicle features Bluetooth hands free calling. Simply dial the number on your phone and hold it to your ear for best connection"

\_(ツ)_/
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to outbackgary
Having just purchased a new HSE, I am astounded as to the feature set and functionality that Jaguar has pushed into the overall embedded electronics of this vehicle. What an amazing accomplishment of embedded control hardware and software. I would say that their development priority went into power electronics and drive control. What an amazing accomplishment.

Taking into account the inherent communication between vehicle modules, I would say what we have is an excellent overall result that with time will improve.

I observe a one to two-second delay when switching screens and I learn to be patient. It is through the necessity of reducing power consumption that the computers are put to sleep. Even Linux needs time to do a cold boot.

It would be great to see a bit more appreciation of what we have instead of unrealistic expectations. This system is a lot more than a smartphone. The software quality control must be a major effort that is not foolproof.

Having said that I feel for the earlier adopters and thank them as what I have just purchased reflects the effort and pain of that group. Thankyou.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:29 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackgary View Post
Having just purchased a new HSE, I am astounded as to the feature set and functionality that Jaguar has pushed into the overall embedded electronics of this vehicle. What an amazing accomplishment of embedded control hardware and software. I would say that their development priority went into power electronics and drive control. What an amazing accomplishment.

Taking into account the inherent communication between vehicle modules, I would say what we have is an excellent overall result that with time will improve.

I observe a one to two-second delay when switching screens and I learn to be patient. It is through the necessity of reducing power consumption that the computers are put to sleep. Even Linux needs time to do a cold boot.

It would be great to see a bit more appreciation of what we have instead of unrealistic expectations. This system is a lot more than a smartphone. The software quality control must be a major effort that is not foolproof.

Having said that I feel for the earlier adopters and thank them as what I have just purchased reflects the effort and pain of that group. Thankyou.
Did they pay ya
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Did they pay ya
Yes, they gave me a free car to do this post. Did you miss that offer?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure what you are comparing against, but stating that JLR did an 'amazing' job with their shitty infotainment system it makes me think you haven't been in just about any other car with a robust system. As I've said before, even some of the crappy little rental cars I get, have better systems than the I-Pace.

It is a nice car, even a great car, but for $90k, it shouldn't be saddled with a system that is outclassed by a $35K Ford...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, they gave me a free car to do this post. Did you miss that offer?
Haha, danm you lucky dog!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I'm not sure what you are comparing against, but stating that JLR did an 'amazing' job with their shitty infotainment system it makes me think you haven't been in just about any other car with a robust system. As I've said before, even some of the crappy little rental cars I get, have better systems than the I-Pace.

It is a nice car, even a great car, but for $90k, it shouldn't be saddled with a system that is outclassed by a $35K Ford...
I am really just appreciating the engineering effort that is there and trying to offer some balance to what otherwise comes across as a complete disaster.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page