I-PACE U.S. Inventory Hits 6-Month Supply - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

I-PACE U.S. Inventory Hits 6-Month Supply

https://insideevs.com/news/362859/ja...ler-inventory/

Anyone seeing the big discounts mentioned in this article?

And of course there is pro Tesla spin
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
https://insideevs.com/news/362859/ja...ler-inventory/

Anyone seeing the big discounts mentioned in this article?

And of course there is pro Tesla spin
Many dealers are advertising up to $10k off in stock cars
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:21 PM

Yes as expected Jaguar dealers are trapped in the selling bias toward ICE.
Tesla sales has no such distraction.

Only thing that could be wrong is the price... right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:53 PM

Too bad. They should really be pushing this car. I've had it for almost 2 months and it is a really great car. They can use it to stand out as a brand for the future.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:05 PM

Jaguar marketing stinks. I've seen only a single commercial that shows the I-Pace racing silently around the Monaco Grand Prix course. The ad isn't clear about the car being an EV with great range and comfort. If they want to sell the car Jaguar must focus their advertising on safety and convenience - the sort of things that real world drivers want, plus the green aspect of zero emissions and reduced cost of charging. The I-Pace is a fantastic family car and JLR marketing doesn't tell the potential customer why they should own one.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
Jaguar marketing stinks. I've seen only a single commercial that shows the I-Pace racing silently around the Monaco Grand Prix course. The ad isn't clear about the car being an EV with great range and comfort. If they want to sell the car Jaguar must focus their advertising on safety and convenience - the sort of things that real world drivers want, plus the green aspect of zero emissions and reduced cost of charging. The I-Pace is a fantastic family car and JLR marketing doesn't tell the potential customer why they should own one.
Most people have never even heard of the car. I took a friend in to drive it today instead of a Panamera. He loved it
I dont think he can drive a non EV anymore.

Problem was that I was selling the car and have way more knowledge than the sales guy.
He wasn't even aware of the CA EV credit.
In the sales persons defense, he needs to memorize so many different cars they carry
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:44 AM

I agree there is a good chance floor sales is a bit lacking. Really think JLR could push to have all customers at least test drive the I-Pace to qualify for incentives on any vehicle.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 03:37 PM

You have to drive the I-Pace to really appreciate it.

I've been hearing I-Pace commercials on KLOS 95.5 and seeing billboards in SoCal.

But I'm not sure advertising works on EVs. Tesla only tweets and emails and has been successful at selling.

Three things work against the Jaguar:

The brand's repair history.
The "Prius" effect - EVs/Hybrids are to be endured, not enjoyed. You must suffer to be a true Eco Warrior, and have extreme views.
Constant trolling by Tesla fans posting false information on all EVs and the CCS grid.
sciencegeek and alphanstein like this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

I've been hearing I-Pace commercials on KLOS 95.5 and seeing billboards in SoCal.

But I'm not sure advertising works on EVs. Tesla only tweets and emails and has been successful at selling.

The "Prius" effect - EVs/Hybrids are to be endured, not enjoyed. You must suffer to be a true Eco Warrior, and have extreme views.
Constant trolling by Tesla fans posting false information on all EVs and the CCS grid.
Tesla is the Herbalife of cars. When you have the members of a cult breathing down your neck to buy a car, so they can get a free nonexistent roadster one day, there isn't much need to advertise.

When I brought up the IPace to my friend, he said Jaguar is brand thats always in the shop and a lemon.
If I didn't know so much about the car, he would have never even known it existed
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS702 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post

Tesla is the Herbalife of cars. When you have the members of a cult breathing down your neck to buy a car, so they can get a free nonexistent roadster one day, there isn't much need to advertise.

When I brought up the IPace to my friend, he said Jaguar is brand thats always in the shop and a lemon.
If I didn't know so much about the car, he would have never even known it existed
I reeeealy wanted to fight that stereotype as well, but my car has been in the shop so many times since I bought it my neighbors all thought I didn't own it anymore. One joked with me last week that he's looking forward to seeing what loaner I get next cuz he likes checking out all the different Land Rovers theyve given me. So sadly I don't have much of an argument against the"always in the shop" stereotype ☹️

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page