Drving Range Significantly Changed - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 03:15 PM

Recalculated today on a 50 mile trip on hills - 1000' - and on freeways at 80mph in 84F heat and four bursts of foot to the floor acceleration. Down to 36 kWh/100 miles. Still pretty good. I'll see what miles it charges to in the next couple of days.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Recharged. Here's the detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I pace range.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	2447  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohncm View Post
Recalculated today on a 50 mile trip on hills - 1000' - and on freeways at 80mph in 84F heat and four bursts of foot to the floor acceleration. Down to 36 kWh/100 miles. Still pretty good. I'll see what miles it charges to in the next couple of days.
Be careful with the numbers produced by the I-Pace as the car underestimates energy consumption by a lot. I use an app called WattCat that provides the available battery kWh and not just the SoC. I've compared real energy used to the InControl/I-Pace reported numbers and the car is off by over 15% while Sciencegeek reported an average error of 43% using the same method. Even if your numbers are correct, 36 kWh/100 miles gives you a range of 235 miles. The range of 282 miles at 100% SoC is a known error when Comfort Mode is selected and the range will oddly drop when you switch to Eco mode. Over a month of comparison the I-Pace range prediction was overoptimistic by 35 miles. I'd hate to see anyone rely on the I-Pace-generated numbers to plan a trip of more than 200 miles without stopping to recharge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Recharged. Here's the detail.
Range is not about what the DTE says. Range is about how many actual miles you drive before the vehicle quits.
Dantrium likes this.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback - duly noted and truly appreciated. I've been driving electric cars since 2010-2011 and had solar since 1995, about to install two powerwalls, and know the deal with the guessometer. I still think the i-Pace is fantastic. If I need more than 200 mile range I use my Land Rover or BMW 650 convertible. However, our preference is to use the Jag, its working so far although we don't have that many miles on it.
sciencegeek likes this.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:23 AM

To reset your "range": activate "power on" by pushing the start button without hitting the brake and then press brake and throttle pedal simultaneously for more than 15 seconds.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:17 PM

220 to 282 to 201 now! What the $%#^??? When I bought my 2019 iPace a few months ago, my 100% charge was 220. Then I brought the car in for service and when I picked it up it had mysteriously changed to 282. I was elated! I ran that until a few days ago when I drove from Los Angeles to San Diego. I had 60 miles left over. Excellent right? Until I tried charging at a Blink station that was inoperable then a Chargepoint station that wouldn't start. Finally found an EVgo but when I was 100% charged, now it was only 201 miles. Back on my home chargers (I have a JuiceBox and another) I can only get the car to charger to 201. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Can't understand how doing a very long drive could do this or hooking up to public chargers could do this. Any ideas?

And thank you CurtSprings for this: "The range of 282 miles at 100% SoC is a known error when Comfort Mode is selected and the range will oddly drop when you switch to Eco mode." I did switch from Comfort Mode to Eco Mode and then back to Comfort Mode. But why would that do that permanently?

And thank you Stef_Meers for this becaue I will try it "To reset your "range": activate "power on" by pushing the start button without hitting the brake and then press brake and throttle pedal simultaneously for more than 15 seconds."
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroJag View Post
220 to 282 to 201 now! What the $%#^??? When I bought my 2019 iPace a few months ago, my 100% charge was 220. Then I brought the car in for service and when I picked it up it had mysteriously changed to 282. I was elated! I ran that until a few days ago when I drove from Los Angeles to San Diego. I had 60 miles left over. Excellent right? Until I tried charging at a Blink station that was inoperable then a Chargepoint station that wouldn't start. Finally found an EVgo but when I was 100% charged, now it was only 201 miles. Back on my home chargers (I have a JuiceBox and another) I can only get the car to charger to 201. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Can't understand how doing a very long drive could do this or hooking up to public chargers could do this. Any ideas?

And thank you CurtSprings for this: "The range of 282 miles at 100% SoC is a known error when Comfort Mode is selected and the range will oddly drop when you switch to Eco mode." I did switch from Comfort Mode to Eco Mode and then back to Comfort Mode. But why would that do that permanently?

And thank you Stef_Meers for this becaue I will try it "To reset your "range": activate "power on" by pushing the start button without hitting the brake and then press brake and throttle pedal simultaneously for more than 15 seconds."
The GoM update method doesn't work on cars that had the brake regen recall done. The new method is lots more fun but more time consuming. Go to an empty parking lot or area devoid of people. Put the car in Eco mode and from a dead stop, mash the accelerator to 45 MPH. Do this 3 or 4 times. This will reset the GoM.

I read the Topix bulletin on the issue and it said the GoM will eventually learn your driving style and after 11 hours of driving it will become more accurate. I tried to be patient and after a couple of weeks the GoM became pretty accurate - more accurate than before the recall update. My GoM is still too optimistic but it's close and the predicted range changes with each charge to 100%.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 PM

282 Is the full charge on the 2020 IPace. This may be the new software for the 2019's also. Day 1 when I got my car and today its 282 miles

2020 ZR
Yulong White / Performance Siena Tan seats/ Carbon Fiber Exterior/ 22" Carbon insert Tires / Suede cloth headliner / Cooled glovebox / HUD / AdSR / Extended leader package/ 4 Zone Climate control/ Adaptive Dynamics / Front Fog lamps / Gloss Black side window surround and Activity Key.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsbc View Post
282 Is the full charge on the 2020 IPace. This may be the new software for the 2019's also. Day 1 when I got my car and today its 282 miles
Is 282 dependent upon the mode, i.e. Comfort, Eco or is this range for all modes? I haven't had the H228 update and that may explain why my GoM is fairly good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page