S vs HSE - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

S vs HSE

Hi.

I’m new here and just started a search to replace my Tesla3. The Tesla ride quality is just too jarring for me. My main requirement is comfort. I’m 6’3” and getting up there in years. I test drove an HSE this weekend and thought the ride quality was pretty good. Headroom is good with glass roof. Seat was a little hard for me though. Overall fun car to drive. To keep costs down I’m looking at an stripped S but it’s out of state so can’t drive it. Any comments on the difference in seat comfort and ride quality between S and HSE? Does S has air suspension and seat thigh extension?

Thanks
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 02:08 PM

There are 3 seat styles available for the I-Pace: Sport, Comforts and Performance. I don’t think the performance seats are available for the S, but I could be wrong
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
Hi.

Im new here and just started a search to replace my Tesla3. The Tesla ride quality is just too jarring for me. My main requirement is comfort. Im 63 and getting up there in years. I test drove an HSE this weekend and thought the ride quality was pretty good. Headroom is good with glass roof. Seat was a little hard for me though. Overall fun car to drive. To keep costs down Im looking at an stripped S but its out of state so cant drive it. Any comments on the difference in seat comfort and ride quality between S and HSE? Does S has air suspension and seat thigh extension?

Thanks
I have the sports seat in my HSE and while I like them quite a bit, one thing I do notice is that the headrest area is fully integrated into the seat design - there's no adjusting it, no telescoping up and down. I'm 6'1" and I feel like I'm at the top of the seat, if I was any taller, I would want to adjust it higher (which it doesn't do).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
There are 3 seat styles available for the I-Pace: Sport, Comforts and Performance. I dont think the performance seats are available for the S, but I could be wrong

My mistake. There are only two different style of seats. The Sport seats which are the basic seats (but available in different fabric/leathers and the Comfort seat (also known as the performance seat). This is the one with the integrated headrest.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:44 PM

I have the performance/comfort seats and cannot recommend them enough. Love them. Extremely adjustable and comfortable, great lumbar and lateral support. Ventilation is nice too.

Another nice thing about the performance seats is they are thinner front-to-back so it seems like you get a (very slight) extra legroom in the back with the seats in the same position, nice for rear passengers. Plus, they just look awesome.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Any feedback on the S ride quality?
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:02 PM

S will be a bit sloppier and ride more gently, thanks to 18" wheels and no dynamic dampers.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:25 AM

So there are differences other than the options packages? I did not realize that there was anything fundamentally different between the models. I ended up with an HSE (I ordered an SE but an HSE was in stock). Just curious as I though I did the research and don't want to think I got what I got from dumb luck.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:00 AM

When I was looking you could start with an S and add all the options that were in everything up to first edition. Except some body panel colors.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Love my First Edition! My cooled seats work well and allow me to back off the AC a little for more range. The adjustable suspension is also a great option so I would go for all the bells and whistles.