User Interface confusion
I find my iPace user interface totally baffling. My complaints fall into several broad categories.
1. mutliple ways to do stuff and hard to find stuff
There are 3 screens as well as multiple other controls such as on the steering wheel. Some things can be controlled many ways. I can't figure out what should be where. The UI for each of the screens is entirely different.
2. connectivity is baffling
I have the jaguar app. I have the Android app. I have Bluetooth. I am constantly getting messages about errors in connecting and logging in and I have no idea which app is talking and why. Is there a theory of operation here?
Here are some things I would like to do. I can't figure out if it is possible.
1. Connect my Android phone and have my maps show up on the display. Can I use my own Google maps/directions instead of the one provided? As a corollary ... what is the SIM and the service plan providing, and why do I need it rather than using the service plan on my phone that I have already?
2. Set the map in the center display to see only map in the whole screen rather than incidents, and stay that way, and have my position in the middle.
3. When I try out the parking brake, I don't see an indicator for it. Where is it?
4. My podcasts start playing automatically when I turn on the car. But I paused them before I turned off the car. Why does it start before I tell it to? Should I be controlling on the screen on the car or on the phone? Again, I have no mental model of the theory of operation here.
5. Sometimes my steering wheel screen reverts to the iPace picture and not what I want. This seems random. Why?
In general, I feel my car has goblins. it keeps deciding to do things that I have not asked for and that I do not understand.
Do I need to take a course in using my car? Or will you update and improve the UI?