In for First Service/Recall - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dantrium

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

In for First Service/Recall

I dropped my car off today for service for the first time.

I asked them to update all modules. The response was that they only update things if I have noticed an issue. I asked why and the response was that sometimes just updating everything can make things worse....

They are doing the 19a update, the brake recall update, and one other update that was called out - I can't remember what it was suddenly - I think it's the update that helps with the car not starting when you hit the start button somtimes.

They are also fixing my broken door handle and squeaky mirror when it folds.

Anything else I should be asking for?

As for a loaner - they gave me a 2.5 F-Pace - yeeeech. The ergonomics are atrocious, it's slow, and the seats are horrible. It is a fairly base model car but still... Our cars feel much much nicer than the F-Pace base!

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:40 PM

Just got back from my brake recall fix. Only took and hour and seems fine. However when I was a block away I noticed it was displaying 282 miles of range. I topped it off last nite and it was 216 (about the max I have ever seen in the 6 months since delivery) when I dropped it at the dealer. Also very noticeable was the range was decaying at a faster than normal clip. Used up 16 miles for a 5 mile trip back home. Havent asked the dealer his reaction. Maybe someone here has an explanation?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime60 View Post
Just got back from my brake recall fix. Only took and hour and seems fine. However when I was a block away I noticed it was displaying 282 miles of range. I topped it off last nite and it was 216 (about the max I have ever seen in the 6 months since delivery) when I dropped it at the dealer. Also very noticeable was the range was decaying at a faster than normal clip. Used up 16 miles for a 5 mile trip back home. Havent asked the dealer his reaction. Maybe someone here has an explanation?
More than likely the system was reset. Within you a short period it will readjust to reflect your typical driving pattern.
Calidave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 07:40 PM

Unhappy

My de1ler confirmed what you just posted. The system resets after any major software change and then re-learns my driving habits, external conditions , etc. Just seems a little extreme however to see that much range on the dash. I guess Ill count on 210 max and extrapolate.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
I dropped my car off today for service for the first time.

I asked them to update all modules. The response was that they only update things if I have noticed an issue. I asked why and the response was that sometimes just updating everything can make things worse....

They are doing the 19a update, the brake recall update, and one other update that was called out - I can't remember what it was suddenly - I think it's the update that helps with the car not starting when you hit the start button somtimes.

They are also fixing my broken door handle and squeaky mirror when it folds.

Anything else I should be asking for?

As for a loaner - they gave me a 2.5 F-Pace - yeeeech. The ergonomics are atrocious, it's slow, and the seats are horrible. It is a fairly base model car but still... Our cars feel much much nicer than the F-Pace base!
I got bot the Regenerative Braking recal H213 and the Gateway control module update H193. I could not get them to do the S19A Infotainment system update even though I mentioned some problems that S19A is supposed to fix.

According to Topix there are a few other compaigns out there, but if you are not experiencing the symptoms, you probably don't need the updates.

For the S19A update, Topix is showing a third release VERSION: S19A_19.20.4-363281
Android Auto problems are fixed and it changes SOTA behavior for the Infotainment system "Vehicles will now have SOTA activated as standard previously the user had to activate it on the touchscreen". None of the other fixes apply to the IPace or the US models.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:14 PM

Had mine in last Friday for Regenerative Braking recal H213 and the next day after a 100% overnight charge the center displays went blank. First time I ever had the condition, which is why they didnít upgrade to S19 versions.

Happy to report they gave me an ipace loaner. Looking at its software it has S19.A_19.11.4-330884. Funny when I got in it to leave the brake pedal started pulsing. Never had that before.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:17 PM

My experience is the same. 24 hours after the brake regeneration and infotainment updates my touchscreens died. My loaner is a Discovery. Huge car but lots of nice features including massage seats. Comfortable drive but too big for me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Day 2 after getting software upgraded to 19.4 version. Everything works except the remote app. It hasnít updated position of car from the dealers location two days ago. Dealer also decided to air up all tires to 44 & 47 psi. I run them at 37&38, since thereís never more than 2 people in the car. They lost an air valve cap or it fell off coming home from the dealer. Oh well, pretty typical.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page