for reference: I picked up my car 10 Nov 19, it currently has just under 10,100 miles on it.
You've got a TARDIS? No wonder your car needs a Doctor.
And now for something more serious:
- RANGE. The EPA range is 234 miles. Is this realistic? Your mileage may vary. I know mine does. It all depends conditions of the moments while driving. Terrain, weather, stop/go, constant speed, high/low speed, emergency braking due to others, etc.
- CHARGING STATION COMPATIBILITY. I have the Plugshare app on my phone and took a tour of the local area checking out locations of chargers and testing some. There are several brands installed. I didn't have a problem with any that I tried with a few exceptions. These were chargers that have been installed for a while and have had a lot of use. The connectors didn't fit tight and that probably led to the inability for the car and charger to talk things over and agree on charging.
- INFOTAINMENT & NAVIGATION. According to the dealer I have the latest. Navigation occasionally reboots itself. Sometimes it recovers and remembers that it was leading me down the trodden path. Other times it is as if we just started a new day. It seems to have some difficulty listening to me and comprehending when I try to talk to it instead of taking a finger-on approach. I'm not a big user of a lot of the features but they seem to function well enough when I do. I do find the operation of the SiriusXM/radio/other music sources to take more personal interaction than I'd like to be doing while driving. The plus side is that I'm getting the hang of operating it by voice instead of touchy-feely.
- CENTER CONSOLE SCREENS GOING BLANK. Any advice here? Has this been fixed? What is the best way to prevent this from happening? As stated above, I've taken to waiting for the screens to come alive before powering on the motors and rolling on. The time required for this is only longish if the cat has sat for a long period of time. The come to life quicker if the cat only had a short nap while I went into a store, restaurant, etc.
- STABILITY IN THE SNOW. How does the car handle in the snow? I got mine in April and haven't had the experience yet. Videos on the web have shown it to be quite good, possibly better than a certain Norwegian's T car did a course laid out in the snow that bruised its front end when it hit the snow bank/wall.
- RELIABILITY. Based on your experience, how reliable is the I-PACE? Any specific issues I should be aware of? As with every car I have owned, the particular sample you get may have a very different life than anyone else's. It is a unique set of parts from various suppliers or made by Jaguar (or the real builder Magna Steyr).
Based on my experience with my single sample of production, I would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed one.