Parts availability for repairs? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By bruintoo
  • 4 Post By jsimon7777

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Parts availability for repairs?

Has anyone had body work done after an accident and can say whether the body shop was able to get parts for the repair easily?

I ask because people on the Tesla forums report waits of up to 6 months (!) before body shops can get bumpers, bolts, windshields, etc. to repair the cars after they have been in accidents. I live in fear someone will rear-end my Tesla and I will be stuck paying for a car I don't have for 6 months while the body shop tries to get parts to fix it, and for that reason (mostly) I am looking for my next car not to be a Tesla, but I want to make sure the I-Pace has no similar problems.

Thanks!
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagBNimble View Post
Has anyone had body work done after an accident and can say whether the body shop was able to get parts for the repair easily?

I ask because people on the Tesla forums report waits of up to 6 months (!) before body shops can get bumpers, bolts, windshields, etc. to repair the cars after they have been in accidents. I live in fear someone will rear-end my Tesla and I will be stuck paying for a car I don't have for 6 months while the body shop tries to get parts to fix it, and for that reason (mostly) I am looking for my next car not to be a Tesla, but I want to make sure the I-Pace has no similar problems.

Thanks!

Don't know about North America. On the UK forum several have posted accidents and they seem to have timely repair. I think with the size of Jaguar and it's distribution system, you are not likely to wait 6 weeks for a bumper or other related parts. They'll pull from production and ship if needed. If anyone on this forum has had an accident and required repair it would be good to hear the experience to see if it matches the assumption.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:29 PM

I was rear-ended a couple of months ago. I used a Jaguar authorized repair shop (supposedly these shops know how to fix aluminum structure vehicles). They ordered a rear bumper and some parts. Repair took 2 weeks in total. Easy breezy.
epirali and JagBNimble like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:14 PM

Our quarter panel window had to be ordered from the UK. It took two weeks. That means Jaguar is 12 times better than Tesla? When my mom crashed my 1995 Dodge Neon on the way home from the dealer, it took about a month and a half to fix, mostly waiting for parts. It's been over 20 years now, and I still give her **** for it.

It seems like Jaguar is pretty good.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page