I-Pace sales are doing ok in the USA - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

I-Pace sales are doing ok in the USA

https://insideevs.com/news/353257/i-...11-jaguar/amp/
epirali likes this.
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:23 AM

Thanks really interesting, imagine what would happen with actual advertising and support and if there was an extensive charging infrastructure...
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Thanks really interesting, imagine what would happen with actual advertising and support and if there was an extensive charging infrastructure...
Before they start advertising they would need to convince the dealers to try to sell them! Granted, my experience is only based on 2 dealers, but they put zero effort in trying to sell the car. Neither one even has an I-Pace on the showroom
McRat likes this.

Last edited by Dantrium; 06-08-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Before they start advertising they would need to convince the dealers to try to sell them! Granted, my experience is only based on 2 dealers, but they put zero effort in trying to sell the car. Neither one even has an I-Pace on the showroom
I agree, it was amazing in the Washington DC/VA area, where there is probably the second best customer base (after California) dealers would either not return my calls, not provide information, had to fight to tell them "you have a unit on the lot is it sold?"

When I finally put in an order with one (in itself took DAYS) I eventually ended up driving by the dealer and saw it parked in the delivery lot and had to walk in and ask "hey is that my car I am waiting for and remember I am leaving in a few days and will be gone for a month?"

And I think my experience is better than what you describe.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:07 PM

I went to the local JLR and told the salesman that I wanted to see the I-Pace and he started to direct me to the E and F-Paces. I told him that I wasn't interested in those cars and he reluctantly showed me the I-Pace. I wonder if he knew about the reliability problems and was simply trying to protect me although he admitted we were his first I-Pace customer and he didn't know much about the car.

Perhaps the profit was greater on the SUVs vice I-Pace too. He really pushed a 2018 new F-Pace on sale for $39,000 but after driving one as a loaner I wouldn't have bought it.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 01:51 PM

Really sad that the dealers run this part of the business for the manufacturers.
Huge advantage for Tesla in the EV market.

All I hear about the rest of the brands are the same issues as Jaguar.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Roll View Post
Really sad that the dealers run this part of the business for the manufacturers.
Huge advantage for Tesla in the EV market.

All I hear about the rest of the brands are the same issues as Jaguar.
So far my experience trying to get info on the eTron is even more dismal than my experience with the I-Pace.

Last fall when it was announced you could order an eTron I went to the local dealer and they had no clue or interest and actually advised against ordering the car. Over the last several months I have stopped in for information and they had nothing. They recently received their Launch Edition. I happened to see it being delivered so I stopped by to see when it would be available for test driving and they said they couldn’t do anything until they had a DC charger installed...I pointed out the level 2 charger in their parking lot and they declared it wouldn’t work with the new eTron, only the old one...a few days later I stopped in and it is sitting in the back of the showroom with a sold sign on it.

They said they will not receive any more as they are only available as special orders...ugh!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Im liking this

Well add mine to the sell numbers, it is now officially in the country and cant wait to go get it!
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM
NSP

We experience at JLR in Brossard, Quebec was very positive. The rep was eager to take my pre-order and always encouraged me in my choice. When they received their 1st demos, I was invited for a road test and they already knew a lot about the car.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post

That's crazy! That's NOT how it is here in Priusville/Subaruland . There's an I-Pace smack midde of the showroom, and another outside, right outside the main door. It's clear they want you to know about them. I went in the other day to schedule an appointment for our headlight issue for the F-Pace and I wanted to say hello to my salesguy (who ALWAYS knows my name when I walk in ) and he wasn't in, he was doing a test drive with someone in an I-Pace....

They're a good dealer. Unfortunately, they're the ONLY dealer between Seattle and California... but at least they have good people working there!

2017 FPace - S Odyssey Red, black blades, black pack
2007 XK coupe in Black w Carelia wheels
2016 Cadillac ELR

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page