Roadside Assist Program Issues - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Roadside Assist Program Issues

After the sidewall split on my Pirelli last night, roadside assist towed my car to Monterey.
I called the dealership this morning to confirm repair is underway. Unfortunately, their tire machine is out.
So, I called roadside assist to arrange moving the car to next dealership, and the rep immediately said, "Yes, we'll do that. Just need Monterey to confirm they can't do the service."
Great!
3 hours later I am on the phone the Jaguar Corporate who are telling me they can't do anything until the Service Manager from Monterey calls them (they themselves cannot initiate the call Monterey's service manager even though they just got off the line (while I was on hold) with a service rep at Monterey. . .).
When I ask "What happens to my car if the Monterey Service Manager never calls?" -- the corporate rep basically says "Nothing happens."
Meaning, my car just sits at Monterey indefinitely or until their tire repair machine gets fixed.
That, my friends, is the value of the Jaguar Roadside Assistance Program that comes with your $70-80-90-100 thousand dollar car.
It's unbelievable that I am spending 3 hours of my morning managing this circus, in any case; let along being told that Jaguar won't take any additional steps to ensure my car is repaired.

Jaguar have certainly just dropped a customer. Prospective buyers beware.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:42 PM

Wow. You'd think they would be smart enough to take the wheel off and take it to another shop.

Not good.
epirali likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:18 PM

I'd talk to sales and get to the sales and or general manager to track the guy down. This is worth raising a stink.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

I have had multiple calls with roadside assist, corporate, service and sales (2 dealerships); and I am still sitting here with no car and no plan.

Good thing, like you, the I-Pace is merely a hobby and not a means of transportation; because no one has even asked me if I need a loaner.

Oh, and the dealerships don't stock this standard tire for their cars. . . So, anyway you slice it (working tire tool or not), a repair would be two days away while they wait for a shipment from TireRack.

Complete fail, across the board.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

And yes, point to McRat.

Why in the world didn't they just say: "We need to order a tire, we'll have this ready for you in two days (we'll Uber you in for a loaner and make sure you're taken care of)"-- and have the work done by a local shop?!

Instead, they spin off into a total cluster****.

Rocket science. . .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

OK: 3pm. 6.5 hours later. After jumping through all hoops, Monterey has called me to relay that corporate won't move the car.

Jaguar Roadside Assistance has towed my car to a dealership that cannot make the repairs, and Jaguar will not do anything more.

Try to make sense of that.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:30 PM

Unfricking believable! It won't help you right now but call BBB, local news channel, attorney, newspaper, Twitter, FB, Instagram..... Raise a holy sh**storm. Bad publicity will make JLR and your dealer quake in their boots. Totally unacceptable response to a problem that should be easy to fix.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidave View Post
OK: 3pm. 6.5 hours later. After jumping through all hoops, Monterey has called me to relay that corporate won't move the car.

Jaguar Roadside Assistance has towed my car to a dealership that cannot make the repairs, and Jaguar will not do anything more.

Try to make sense of that.
Holy carp! That's insanely stupid ... what are they thinking !?!?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:27 AM

That almost beats JLR ordering a non-heated windshield shipped to my dealer to swap out with my heated windshield, then (several weeks later, a day before I was scheduled to pick it up, repaired) deciding NOT to allow them to do it. Actually I guess it does beat it. At least I wasn't stranded without a car as a result. Still, another head-scratcher... I guess I'll renew my AAA membership that I dropped in favor of Mercedes and BMW roadside assistance programs.
So #Calidave, how did your story conclude?

Last edited by dtgsrq; 08-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:33 PM

I would ask for the dealer to remove the wheel so I can take it down to America's Tire for replacement.
Better if they could do that themselves since they can't afford to keep two tire machines around.
Must have a stack of disappointed customers as changing a tire is hardly unique to I-Pace.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page