Roadside Assist Program Issues - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Hey Folks, After getting conflicting messaging (between (i) roadside assist, (ii) dealership and (iii) JLR) as to whether the car and repair would remain with the Roadside Assist Program through JLR; JLR corporate stonewalled the dealership and left me no option but to have the repairs done outside of the dealership where-ever the car happened to be.

My best guess as to what really happened is this: the car never reached the dealership (until the repairs I paid for were completed).

Why do I think that? Because the tow driver called me back after dropping me off to explain he had no access to the dealership after hours because all the drives were blocked by vehicles (which of course means roadside assist will constantly encounter this issue after hours). So he asked me where he should take the car, to which I had no answer. So, I bet the car went to the tire shop.

And that's why, over the course of the following day, the position of all Jaguar-related-parties migrated from "Yes, of course we'll get your car to a dealership who can perform the repairs" to "we're not moving your car." -- Because the dealership never had possession of the car (prior to repair), and once all JLR parties synched up on avoiding additional expenses, their tune changed -- leaving me no choice.

And I would bet that's what happened to dtgsrq. The org finally landed on "spend no more $."

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page