Chill out and enjoy the ride - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Chill out and enjoy the ride

This car is utterly fantastic to drive, bar none the best overall vehicle I've ever driven, Teslas included.

But people are losing their minds over little things:
"I can only charge at 80 kilowatts! Oh no! I'm returning this car even though I always charge at home."
"It takes too long for the navigation system to start up."

Chill out people. This is a plum ride. The complaints here are a fraction of what they are in the Tesla forum. Stop feeling entitled because you spent 94k on a car, and start enjoying the car that's worth every penny of 94k. Nothing is uglier than a sense of entitlement.

And be nice to the service people. For goodness sake. It's just a car, not your baby they dropped or your private parts they stepped on.

-Jon

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:35 PM

All good points, I just want to say that I am pointing out the flaws, but I NEVER am unkind to service or sales people over it, and it doesn't mean I don't LOVE the car.

I think unlike the Tesla fandom a lot of us can hold two somewhat contradictory ideas at the same time. We can love the I-Pace, but still acknowledge the bits that drive us nutty. Kind of like those significant people in our lives, past and present...
jsimon7777, Mister Dave and ryzvy like this.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:49 PM

I appreciate threads like this, very reassuring.
Been waiting months for delivery, now it's very soon (1 week!). And reading some of the negative posts has been a bit disheartening. Glad I haven't cancelled.
jsimon7777, Mister Dave and docsbc like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
This car is utterly fantastic to drive, bar none the best overall vehicle I've ever driven, Teslas included.

But people are losing their minds over little things:
"I can only charge at 80 kilowatts! Oh no! I'm returning this car even though I always charge at home."
"It takes too long for the navigation system to start up."

Chill out people. This is a plum ride. The complaints here are a fraction of what they are in the Tesla forum. Stop feeling entitled because you spent 94k on a car, and start enjoying the car that's worth every penny of 94k. Nothing is uglier than a sense of entitlement.

And be nice to the service people. For goodness sake. It's just a car, not your baby they dropped or your private parts they stepped on.

-Jon
I honestly feel a bit bad that it hurts your feelings that some folks aren’t as orgasmic about their cars as you are. But that’s life.

Here’s what I can offer. You say whatever you want about your car and everyone else can say what they want about their car.

I also feel a little bit bad that the IPace is the best vehicle you have ever driven. Granted, personal tastes vary quite a bit and that’s a good thing, but both objectively and subjectively, the IPace is not anywhere close to the nicest vehicle I’ve driven.

Spend a long weekend test driving cars and I would think you could run across several that beat the IPace hands down. But, too each their own and that is really great you have found your perfect fit.

But please don’t presume you’re in a position to tell others how they need to feel about their own cars. That would be great...
fedorachef likes this.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 09:30 AM

JSimon, people are legitimately frustrated with their vehicles and some have experienced catastrophic failures requiring Jaguar to replace their vehicle with a new car. I think part of the frustration is paying big money for a car that has many problems.

I love my I-PACE and wake up every morning thinking about where I can drive just to experience the pleasures of the car but I also need the navigation and infotainment systems to work. I worry about the car's reliability when my wife drives it or when the grandkids are in the back seat. I worry that the car won't charge when far from home because of charging station compatibility issues that other cars don't suffer from.

My other car is a 2017 Ford Fusion AWD with nearly every safety, navigation and infotainment system found on my Jaguar but the car is bullet proof. Everything works great. The infotainment system is simple and flawless at half the price of my I-PACE. I've never needed a repair in the three years we've owned the car. My I-PACE was in the shop for repairs only a week after the purchase and I need to take it in again due to the numerous software problems.

Do I prefer the Fusion? **** no, but I spent huge money for a Jag and have the expectation that everything works.

I totally understand the concerns of other forum members. They are entitled to get a well built and reliable car at the prices Jaguar is asking.
epirali likes this.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:47 AM

We all have the same frustrations and Ford has had over 100 years to get it right. Jaguar has had less than a year to dial it in. Please the car is great and comfortable and you really don't want to pull up to your country club in a fusion! Enjoy the ride!
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
We all have the same frustrations and Ford has had over 100 years to get it right. Jaguar has had less than a year to dial it in. Please the car is great and comfortable and you really don't want to pull up to your country club in a fusion! Enjoy the ride![IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_angel.png[/IMG]
I certainly enjoy the drive and I love my I-PACE. If the infotainment, navigation and voice command problems we're unique to the I-PACE I would agree with you completely but Jaguars and Land Rovers are all experiencing the same issues. The technologies used in today's cars are recent and some companies do better than others and Jaguar, for the money paid, is one of the worst. I would be proud to drive my Fusion to a country club if I joined one but as W.C. Fields said, "I would never join a club that would have me as a member." Lol
epirali likes this.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

As I said, I think there's some relaxing that needs to happen.

Also I cannot think of another car that I'd rather have. A P100D might be fun and nicer in acceleration, but the overall package wouldn't cut it. M5? E63? Better in other ways, but not electric. No instant torque. Even the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid is slower in point and shoot traffic.

Photon FE, 2013 FR-S, 2017 RAM 1500, 2014 Forester
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:40 PM

I agree, "overall" is the key term here
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 03:21 PM

Funny how people's experiences are so different. My I Pace has been completely faultless since day one save for one very minor issue - the inside passenger door handle needs a real yank to get it open. (I know how to fix it but don't want to void the warranty by doing so. It can wait til I'm in the vicinity of the dealer.)

Yes, the infotainment is a bit slow but I don't find it all that bothersome. Voice commands work fine. I just updated the maps and that all went as well as it should. Phone, Live, Internet, Remote - all operating normally.

Then add the performance and the unique Jaguar combo of handling and ride, what's not to like?

(Just by way of background, I've been driving for over 50 years and have owned more high-performance cars than I can count. This is the the car I most enjoy.)

Now, having said all that I can wait for Murphy, whose law may confound me.
sciencegeek likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page