Still an exclusive club, just passed the 1000 mark in U.S. sales - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By McRat
  • 1 Post By jsimon7777
  • 1 Post By epirali
  • 2 Post By WattAJag

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Still an exclusive club, just passed the 1000 mark in U.S. sales

Unfavorable headline today from GCR, but nothing those on this forum haven't heard. GCR didn't let the I-Pace bask very long in its 2019 WCOTY glory before putting out more negative press. It is interesting JLR's North American product launch director says they are "just kicking off" the marketing campaign?

https://www2.greencarreports.com/new...ell-in-the-u-s

With just 1001 sold, JLR still has more in inventory than sold in the U.S. Multiple reports confirm MY2020 already available to order - even in the U.S. Grab your FE while they last... even if Photon Red is no longer exclusive to the FE.

Last edited by dtgsrq; 04-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:24 PM

JLR likely focused on the markets where they could get a big push. One of the guys on the UK forum is tracking sales by country- https://raycee1234.blogspot.com/2019...by-nation.html
In 2018 they pushed out a lot in 6 months for the first release. 2019 is on pace globally to exceed that number and doesn't include shipments to Waymo. With more focus on North America sales now, let's see how the next 3 months look for sales.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:03 PM

That site is a little off.

They deleted a comment I made concerning the European availability of a trailer hitch option.

If you are not Pro-Tesla, it seems they edit you, even if the article has nothing to do with Teslas.
Jtdavi3 likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:03 AM

A few things keep me from buying another I-Pace, but mainly:
1. GVWR under 6001 lbs, so I can't do a good business write off.
2. I like having a variety of cars to drive. Having two of the same car just doesn't provide variety.

Rumor has it that the Model X interior will get an interior upgrade later this year. They also just updated the suspension. The GVWR is over 6001 lbs. Is it good enough? Questionable.

Meanwhile, the Merc EQC looks meh and I can't even configure one yet. The Audi can tow, at least, but it's significantly slower and portlier. I dunno. A Kia? Sigh.

And the Porsche... Well, looks pretty good. Not sure about the name, though. Taycan a dump?
dtgsrq likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 AM

I think its funny that the site posted a picture of the I Pace next to a Tesla sign. Biased a bit me thinks?
Jtdavi3 likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 09:32 AM

Seems like more sold in first 3 months this year than in 6 months of availability last year? Seems like good news to me?

I wonder if the reason so much inventory is still available in the US is that many, including myself, would prefer to factory order and get exactly the configuration we want rather than a close match...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtdavi3 View Post
Seems like more sold in first 3 months this year than in 6 months of availability last year? Seems like good news to me?

I wonder if the reason so much inventory is still available in the US is that many, including myself, would prefer to factory order and get exactly the configuration we want rather than a close match...
First delivery in the US, (of 1 car) was in October, but delivery didn’t really start until November, so 2019 sales were just November and December.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:00 PM

Why Sales are soft....When we first were offered the vehicle ...$1800 lease payments and no incentives on leasing.. and residuals were low..per Chase the Finance arm.
Buying with finance rates were also crazy...Things have changed.
Jaguar didn't advertise the vehicle and very little support from Corporate...Per my dealer a (Penske Group)..
They will have to start cutting prices to be competitive...Tesla (sorry for mentioning them) is also getting very aggressive and they all will have to work for market share. lower prices and quicker charging and more range..if Jaguar can do that then it's a win win if not well lets just enjoy what we have.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:22 PM

The answer to why sales are low is because the dealerships make almost no profit. So, the salespeople don't push selling the car. No advertising. No guiding customers to look at it.

Every salesperson at my dealer knew (knows) less about the car than I did.
McRat and epirali like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page