Confirmed 2020 Change - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Confirmed 2020 Change

The 2020 model year brings the following updates to the I-PACE:
 Reduced model line-up:
o First Edition model no longer available; 2020MY consists of only S / SE / HSE specification packs.
 Exterior:
o New optional (030NK) Auto-dimming, Powerfold Exterior Mirror choice added for selection on the S specification pack.
 This allows for the selection of Drive Pack or Driver Assist Pack on S with Luxtec seat (in lieu of requiring memory seats, upgraded seating material & memory mirrors).
o Paint pricing updated
 Metallic Paints are now $710
 Premium Metallic Paints are now $1,550
o Photon Red paint now available on all specification packs for $710
 At 2019MY Photon Red was exclusive to the First Edition only
o Wheel pricing updated on the following wheels across all specification packs:
 031QS 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5070' in Technical Grey with Polished Finish
 031QT 22" 5 Spoke 'Style 5069' in Gloss Black with Diamond Turned Finish and Carbon Inserts
o Black Exterior Pack pricing updated to $375
 Interior:
o Panoramic Sunshade Pack now available as a Port Installed Accessory
 This accessory has been designed to reduce the amount of sunlight entering the cabin.
 The Panoramic Sunshade is clipped into the headliner surrounding the panoramic glass roof and can be removed and stored when not needed. Image below shows Panoramic Sunshade fitted.

I ordered the sunshade, I wish it was automatic, but at least it is something for the south!
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 07:40 PM

Thanks for that update, docsbc! Must the sunshade be ordered at time or purchase or is it an accessory current owners can buy? Frankly, just curious. I'm in Florida, we've had a very warm winter, and yet (surprisingly) I've never felt like I needed one.

Also, any idea where the rumor of 300mi range on MY20 came from? (was it the WLTP 294 mi rating?) Now that Model S boasts 370mi range, it sure would be nice for Jaguar to offer some range improvement. No 'range anxiety' here, but perhaps a small dose of 'range envy'? Granted, the improvement came from permanent magnet motors (hardware upgrade) utilized in the Model 3, so not something they can do OTA for existing vehicles anyway.
sflgator likes this.

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Santorini Black/Black Window/Grill Trim
Ebony Leather Sport Seats/Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
22" 5069 Carbon Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 12/22/18
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 08:17 PM

Whew, thank God there wasnt anything announced that would make me trade in my First Edition!
epirali likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

The sunshade looks like it can be ordered aftermarket like mine was just done. Ive had issues uploading images on my mac, but the pic looks nice.

More Upgrades

The I-PACE will offer Head-up Display as an option on all Specification Packs. The second generation HUD unit provides full color projection and a variety of display configurations and information including; speed, gear selection, navigation guidance, Traffic Sign Recognition, Cruise Control and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems warnings and alerts.

EV Navigation
The I-PACE features EV Navigation as standard, adapting the existing Navigation Pro system to provide information and guidance about charge point locations and the most range friendly route to optimize range and reduce range anxiety. The EV Navigation system can also display a Range Map, providing a preview of how far the customer is able to travel without having to enter a specific destination.
EV Navigation allows customers to plan their journeys based on how much power is in the battery. When power is running low, it will provide warnings and navigation to the nearest charge station. If the driver attempts to set a destination beyond the current range, it will provide directions via a charging station.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 09:23 PM

Bah humbug. They had led me to believe the Photon Red paint would be exclusive to First Editions. In fact, I believe that's exactly what JLR said.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Is this config in the current model?

Does the current Ipace have the "EV Navigation as standard, adapting the existing Navigation Pro system to provide information and guidance about charge point locations and the most range friendly route to optimize range and reduce range anxiety. " ??
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-24-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsbc View Post
The 2020 model year brings the following updates to the I-PACE:
 Reduced model line-up:
o First Edition model no longer available; 2020MY consists of only S / SE / HSE specification packs.
 Exterior:
o New optional (030NK) Auto-dimming, Powerfold Exterior Mirror choice added for selection on the “S” specification pack.
 This allows for the selection of Drive Pack or Driver Assist Pack on “S” with Luxtec seat (in lieu of requiring memory seats, upgraded seating material & memory mirrors).
o Paint pricing updated
 Metallic Paints are now $710
 Premium Metallic Paints are now $1,550
o Photon Red paint now available on all specification packs for $710
 At 2019MY Photon Red was exclusive to the First Edition only
o Wheel pricing updated on the following wheels across all specification packs:
 031QS – 20" 5 Split-Spoke 'Style 5070' in Technical Grey with Polished Finish
 031QT – 22" 5 Spoke 'Style 5069' in Gloss Black with Diamond Turned Finish and Carbon Inserts
o Black Exterior Pack pricing updated to $375
 Interior:
o Panoramic Sunshade Pack now available as a Port Installed Accessory
 This accessory has been designed to reduce the amount of sunlight entering the cabin.
 The Panoramic Sunshade is clipped into the headliner surrounding the panoramic glass roof and can be removed and stored when not needed. Image below shows Panoramic Sunshade fitted.

I ordered the sunshade, I wish it was automatic, but at least it is something for the south!
Just curious, what's your source?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-25-2019, 01:45 AM

Ive been considering the iPace for the past few months and have driven it twice. The rear view is compromised and I wonder if it is possible the new ClearSight rear view mirror on the Evoque might be an option on the iPace next year. How comprehensive is your 2020 list of features?
Thanks. (just joined this forum - love the car)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-25-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Just curious, what's your source?
My dealer sent the entire MY2020 release to me. Its quite long, but that was the cut and paste on the "whats new" section although as I read it, it talked about the other two as though there were new upgrades
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Guy

Canadian configurator has been up and running for 2020 i-Pace for weeks now. As you can see, no more First-edition.

https://rules.config.jaguar.com/jag2...aawd_a-i-pace/