Confirmed 2020 Change - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:26 PM

Thanks. It doesn’t look like any changes will be substantial.
Too bad we can’t get that mirror yet. The view out the back window is really poor.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 01:05 AM

Drives like a shark. You keep moving forward through traffic and the rear view is not needed much.
Rear camera when backing is excellent.
epirali and dtgsrq like this.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 02:39 AM

I would like the rearview mirror thing too. That said, it does drive like a shark.

Bright, sunny day in Oakland in the low 90s. Sure, the car is hot when you first open it, but if you open a few doors and air out for a few seconds then turn on the AC, it's no problem at all. Haven't had any 100+ days yet, but I can't imagine a problem. It's a good AC and the roof doesn't suck in heat like some have feared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:28 PM

Glass Roof Heat Shield does its job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
It's a good AC and the roof doesn't suck in heat like some have feared.
I've been driving for 4 months in Florida - albeit winter - but we've still had plenty of very hot and sunny (80+ and even 90+) days... worth mentioning that not once did I "feel the heat" from the glass roof. Now the untreated front side windows are another story, so I'm investigating tint for those...
McRat, jsimon7777 and docsbc like this.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I've been driving for 4 months in Florida - albeit winter - but we've still had plenty of very hot and sunny (80+ and even 90+) days... worth mentioning that not once did I "feel the heat" from the glass roof. Now the untreated front side windows are another story, so I'm investigating tint for those...
Yeah, I can see putting a heat-rejecting tint on up there. The rest of the windows seem fine, at least for light rejection. Not sure about heat.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsbc View Post
My dealer sent the entire MY2020 release to me. Its quite long, but that was the cut and paste on the "whats new" section although as I read it, it talked about the other two as though there were new upgrades

Any additional rumors about the SVR version?
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:15 PM

Anyone know when the 2020 model year i-pace will show up at the dealers?

The "Panoramic Sunshade Pack now available as a Port Installed Accessory" is a feature that I will definitely want. So the 2020 model is something I am looking forward to.

Will the sunshade pack be offered as an option on the 2019 models?

I test drove the i-pace. I loved it. But I think it was letting too much light into the cabin. I guess the sunshade will help with that.

Last edited by vishnumrao; 07-23-2019 at 08:17 PM.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnumrao View Post
Anyone know when the 2020 model year i-pace will show up at the dealers?

The "Panoramic Sunshade Pack now available as a Port Installed Accessory" is a feature that I will definitely want. So the 2020 model is something I am looking forward to.

Will the sunshade pack be offered as an option on the 2019 models?

I test drove the i-pace. I loved it. But I think it was letting too much light into the cabin. I guess the sunshade will help with that.
I just took delivery of a 2020 HSE last Saturday. It was the first 2020 I-Pace for my dealer, maybe first in Florida but not the first in the U.S. It was ordered April 18 and built May 19 so the model year switched over sometime in April, which is standard for European manufacturers. Lots of 2019s in inventory nationwide, with BIG rebates and good lease terms. No deals on 2020s.
I've been driving a 2019 FE since December (read my other posts about reason for the swap). Absolutely nothing significant has changed on the I-Pace for 2020. I can also state emphatically that the overhead glass DOES NOT LET IN HEAT. Even in hot, sunny, summer Florida weather, so "don't sweat it" on the glass roof. ;-)
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
I just took delivery of a 2020 HSE last Saturday. It was the first 2020 I-Pace for my dealer, maybe first in Florida but not the first in the U.S. It was ordered April 18 and built May 19 so the model year switched over sometime in April, which is standard for European manufacturers. Lots of 2019s in inventory nationwide, with BIG rebates and good lease terms. No deals on 2020s.
I've been driving a 2019 FE since December (read my other posts about reason for the swap). Absolutely nothing significant has changed on the I-Pace for 2020. I can also state emphatically that the overhead glass DOES NOT LET IN HEAT. Even in hot, sunny, summer Florida weather, so "don't sweat it" on the glass roof. ;-)

Thanks for your inputs. Its good to know that the cabin does not heat up much due to the glass roof. But my concern was not about the heat. Its about the light coming into the cabin through the tinted glass. The light kinda bothered me. I recall feeling the same way when I test drove the ModelS or a ModelX. I forget which one.

I am looking at the 2019 MY i-pace SE. Except for the sunshade, there is no feature that I makes me want a 2020MY. But the sunshade is a must have for me.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:39 PM

Isn't the sunshade a fit in and are you sure it doesn't work on the 2019?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page