Creep Mode 2019 Jaguar I-Pace - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
Creep mode not remembering it is On in 19A seems to be a fairly well known issue on the UK board. I have it turned off on mine so that particular bug won't bother me, but I can see it being very frustrating to those that want it on.
Interesting - The release S19A_19.07.2-312706 was supposed to fix some of these things specific to the EV (I-Pace)
ELECTRIC VEHICLE SCREENS
Display will now work in low power mode.
Electric Vehicle (EV) button is now available on the Touchscreen (PHEV vehicles only).
Creep Mode not correctly displaying in the Touchscreen.
Estimated time to charge is no longer displayed unless a charging cable is connected to the vehicle.
Regenerative braking state can now be selected on-screen at start up
The more recent release - S19A_19.11.4-330884 has no fixes specific to EVs.

It's odd that the fix describes the fix as a display problem, whereas the behavior seems to affect the saved settings ie turning off creep mode between starts. I couldn't find anything else in Topix related to a reporting problem, so I don't know if the UK folks have reported to the dealers yet.

2019 I-Pace EV400 SE
Firenze Red - Ebony/Ebony
Driver Assist Pack
Black Exterior Pack
20" 5 Spoke Style 5068 Gloss Black Wheels
plus a few extras
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

It’s kind of annoying that creep mode now turns off every time. Couple times I forgot to turn it in as I started my trip and my car rolled backwards on ramps in traffic. I didn’t like that. I hope Jaguar is working on a fix soon.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:37 PM

2 different issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbingham60 View Post
Interesting - The release S19A_19.07.2-312706 was supposed to fix some of these things specific to the EV (I-Pace)
[...]
Creep Mode not correctly displaying in the Touchscreen.
[...]
A bit late but maybe I can clarify... From my own experience (on S18D & 14.2) I can report that the Creep Mode information is displaying incorrectly but is working (sort of) fine and is remembered when switching the car off.

I have creep mode on but after starting the car it is displayed as "OFF" - but kind of greyed-out. At this point the setting can't be changed and there is an information that the vehicle has to be in P in order to change the mode. Which makes no sense as the car is already in P right after switching it on. The setting stays greyed-out even if putting the car in D and then back in P. Only after driving some and then putting it in P the setting becomes active (the darker overlay removed) and auto-magically switches from "OFF" to "ON".

To me this looks as if a system variable isn't populated during the boot procedure and the display falls back to showing the default "OFF" value and not the actual setting (creep mode on and working fine!) Seems the variable is only updated with the actual setting when entering a "real" P state. Which in turn implies that this also isn't implemented correctly, see switching from P to D and back to P right after vehicle start... So it really depends on WHEN you put the car in P - or maybe I just wasn't patient enough.

I was interpreting the "Creep Mode not correctly displaying" information as that they fixed this in S19A. Haven't updated yet so I'm still guessing/interpreting...

BUT

As CyberSlug and Abs2780 stated JLR seem to have introduced an new bug with the latest (?) S19A version that makes the I-PACE actually forget the current setting when powering off the car.

At least on startup the car now ALWAYS displays the correct creep mode = OFF setting ........ ;-)

I haven't updated to S19A_19.11.4-330884 yet for fear this new bug will be hitting me - although there are a (very) few owners reporting that after updatingto S19A (which exact version?) their creep mode settings are remembered just fine...

Glad if anybody already on S19A_19.11.4-330884 and with Creep Mode still working fine could report back here...
Or report the exact S19A version that broke the setting.

Thanks!

jBon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:30 AM

C'mon boys just embrace high regen and those issues won't affect you
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:00 PM

I brought my car in for a software update and creep mode stopped working on vS19A
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 AM

That is actually not correct, I drive with full regen, but after updating from 18D to 19A after a black screen incident, not sure of the exact versions, creep mode is disabled just as mentioned in the thread. And it was the rolling backwards thing that told me something was not as I was supposed to be.

And when already writing, I also experience the same noises and “quirky” behavior as mentioned, especially when starting to revers with the wheels turned. It’s like an instant lock, just a if I open the door in my MB GLA before the car has come to a complete stop. That feature is known broken ribs 😋
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

The service manager at Jaguar asked me to bring the I Pace back in so they can fix the creep mode issue and the noises that car was making at the front suspension or the break.
- after a full inspection they found a ground wire was loose which was tightened and a thing that is keeping the grip mode on .
- then the dealer said they found a update which is comparable to my car but it cannot be updated and uploaded to my card yet .
- The dealer First told me that they will change my brakes and put new brakes on, today they told me that the noise is normal that’s coming out of the brakes and the noise is from the brakes it’s not the suspension . they have inspected the suspension and the brakes and they think nothing is wrong so I got my car back today after three days but nothing was done.

Now Have to wait for the new update to be ready to be installed .
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
C'mon boys just embrace high regen and those issues won't affect you
It's not the high regen , it's the car moving when you take your foot off the brake, and
not knowing whether the creep mode is working and keeping the car from rolling unexpectedly.

Or the opposite, that the parking brake has kicked in, and now you have to give it some juice to
get things moving again.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page