Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) update for Touch Pro Duo explained - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

So all is clear. Your car is on 18D, new 19A update is available for you. However it needs to be a Topix user with the proper level of priviledge to be able to request update to be send to your vehicle. Your account allowed you to register your car to JLR's SOTA server, however it looks like it can be only JLR dealer or JLR global team which is able to send the update.
post #12 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by requieh View Post
So all is clear. Your car is on 18D, new 19A update is available for you. However it needs to be a Topix user with the proper level of priviledge to be able to request update to be send to your vehicle. Your account allowed you to register your car to JLR's SOTA server, however it looks like it can be only JLR dealer or JLR global team which is able to send the update.
Even with TOPIx reporting the existing flash in the car correctly, and reporting an updated flash available correctly, with a TOPIx repair shop subscription (ALL), and the TOPIx SOTA set to ON by the dealer in person, with the car set SOTA ON by the dealer, the car cannot communicate with the JLR SOTA server.

Most likely? Something is not turned on at JLR HQ (or a firewall is blocking it), or the car would report there is an update available. It reports what flash is in it to user and TOPIx, it reports when there is a NAV update available, so the communication infrastructure is in place. The error at TOPIx when you hit UPDATE, is saying (if it can be trusted), there is no network connection to the JLR server using the information supplied.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #13 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:50 PM

Within TOPIx for my car, below shows as an outstanding campaign. Anyone got any intel on this?

H193 - GATEWAY MODULE UPDATE

H193NAS2 - Service Action: Non-Start - Body Control Module/Gateway Module (BCM/GWM) Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
I completely get that it says "Dealer" there. My confusion is apparently about Topix generally.

Having paid the insane subscription price, it appears to provide the full access a dealer has, including the ability to toggle the SOTA button (which I did).
I just registered for TOPIx and see 19A is available to update for my car, but says I can't without paying subscription. Since you paid, do you feel it was worth it and were you able to do your own update?

I also see SOTA is enabled for my car, but when I check in my car message displays no updates available.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 11.58.18 AM.png
Views:	110
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 11.59.35 AM.png
Views:	102
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1639  
post #15 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:23 PM

I've had the H193 flash. I'm 19A.02.7? showing SOTA on, and 19A.11.4 being available. Renewing the subscription had no effect. Pushing update always gives a network error.
BUT... SOTA once activated does not require a subscription, and even then, it would be the wrong subscription. There is an information subscription and a "reprogramming subscription".

My car is running fine. I'm going to wait it out.
PGhiron likes this.

Last edited by McRat; 04-15-2019 at 04:28 PM.
post #16 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
I just registered for TOPIx and see 19A is available to update for my car, but says I can't without paying subscription. Since you paid, do you feel it was worth it and were you able to do your own update?

I also see SOTA is enabled for my car, but when I check in my car message displays no updates available.
So far it doesnt appear Im able to apply the update. McRat mentions there is a second kind of subscription, but it doesnt work for him either. He also theorizes (and I agree) that it seems something is down or blocking comms on their backend.

Hard to saw if worth it yet. It is nice to be able to look up the service bulletins, but not sure that is worth 500/yr.
fedorachef and PGhiron like this.
post #17 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:33 PM

Garage
I successfully updated to S19A_19.11.4-330884 this afternoon.

Yesterday when I logged into Topix I noticed SOTA was disabled (even though I never disabled it), and when I logged in again today it was re-enabled and there was the attached notice. So I went back to the car and told it to check for updates again. It found an update, so I kicked off the download. The whole time I was parked in the garage on WiFi so I wouldn't have to worry about cell data costs. The process took about an hour to download and install.

I won't get a chance to drive her around until tomorrow, but looking forward to seeing what's improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 14.30.10.png
Views:	98
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1647  
post #18 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSlug View Post
I successfully updated to S19A_19.11.4-330884 this afternoon.

Yesterday when I logged into Topix I noticed SOTA was disabled (even though I never disabled it), and when I logged in again today it was re-enabled and there was the attached notice. So I went back to the car and told it to check for updates again. It found an update, so I kicked off the download. The whole time I was parked in the garage on WiFi so I wouldn't have to worry about cell data costs. The process took about an hour to download and install.

I won't get a chance to drive her around until tomorrow, but looking forward to seeing what's improved. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I just tried and no luck for me. SOTA shows enabled on TOPIx.
post #19 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:37 PM

According to TOPIx as of today, new TOPIx Notice under Notifications:

19-Apr-2019

Operational System Status
Software Over the AIR (SOTA) - ✅
=======================================

That is all it says.

But no love for me. TOPIx shows SOTA ON, it will show me the current software, and pending update, but still gets a network error if I try to push the update.

The car acts like it always has, always says Up To Date, and the current version installed.

Last edited by McRat; 04-19-2019 at 10:42 PM.
post #20 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

No love for me either. "No updates available". But I don't know my status in Topix, I don't have a subscription.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page