Will the I-Pace get faster? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Will the I-Pace get faster?

In the last several years, Tesla has rolled multiple software updates that have improved the performance of their cars. Does anyone think this is a possibility with the I-Pace? Obviously he car is already extremely fast, but I was always surprised that they didnt go for a sub 4 sec 0-60. Especially given that the car is so performance advertised.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:02 PM

I would guess no, for the current models. Possibly so for subsequent model years.

Marketing wise, giving the older models the extra speed (if that is even possible) would hamper current owners' motivation to trade up, for one reason.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Tesla is actually going to a perm. magnet motor design for later this year for models s & x.
This new motor will increase efficiency from 93% to 97% for even better mileage.

Jaguar I-Pace SE Borasco Grey Mars Red Interior Clear Bra Ceramic Coat
20" Wheels Mud Flaps Meridian Surround Sound Driver Assist Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:06 PM

I doubt our vehicles will get faster or more efficient. That would be future models.
I would not rate I-Pace as extremely fast. Very fast would be my limit.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:15 PM

Does it need to?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:51 PM

Let's see them figure out the black screens of deather first

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Dave View Post
Does it need to?

Since it already sits in the 95th percentile or maybe higher as to speed, I don't see any need.

People can always want what they don't need, of course. I understand that. But I have what I want, already.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
Since it already sits in the 95th percentile or maybe higher as to speed, I don't see any need.

People can always want what they don't need, of course. I understand that. But I have what I want, already.
I'm sure it's far more than I'll need, and that's not limited to 0-60 times. The EV I have now provides things I never use, like up the wazoo stats. It's trying to tell me things when I'm getting out. I really don't have or make time for it.

But relative to speed, the more you have the more it feeds your proclivity for stupid moves. I hate bringing up Tesla in any circumstance but since the name's been dropped, have a look at the excessive speed related deaths that there have been. Some pretty horrific ones since it seems to have a battery inclined to breach and fire.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:54 AM

With great power comes great responsibility. I think Shakespeare wrote that one.

I've been cautious with mine, especially after I noticed I accidentally hit 99 mph and had no idea. That got my attention.

With no engine sound, and just a few seconds of putting my foot into it, and such a stable platform, it was very deceiving. I haven't experienced that except when I drove (other peoples') smooth and quiet but powerful Mercedes S class and a Bentley Continental GT.

Now I know to watch, and the HUD helps. I think I could put a limit on the top speed, but where's the fun in that?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post
I've been cautious with mine, especially after I noticed I accidentally hit 99 mph and had no idea. That got my attention.

With no engine sound, and just a few seconds of putting my foot into it, and such a stable platform, it was very deceiving. I haven't experienced that except when I drove (other peoples') smooth and quiet but powerful Mercedes S class and a Bentley Continental GT.

Now I know to watch, and the HUD helps. I think I could put a limit on the top speed, but where's the fun in that?
Been there too. 99 is the new 55. I can't tell the difference anymore.
gbillcb likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page