Questions from a new owner - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Questions from a new owner

As I familiarize myself with the I-Pace, Iíve run into a few things that I was hoping other owners could answer.

1. What all gets saved in a profile? When I enter the profile menu itself, there are very few options, but it seems like more is saved within a profile

2. Almost every time I drive, I get a double tone about 2-3 minutes into driving. I canít find anything on the dash that indicates what the tones means. Anyone else experience that?

3. Iíve noticed that when I take my foot off the accelerator and watch the regen meter on the dash it sometimes will go to about 50% (I have regen set to high), but then if I push the brake, the regen meter increases. This suggests that during the first part of braking, he car is using regen before the actual brakes. I didnít know that the I-Pace did that. Very handy if it does.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash916 View Post
3. Iíve noticed that when I take my foot off the accelerator and watch the regen meter on the dash it sometimes will go to about 50% (I have regen set to high), but then if I push the brake, the regen meter increases. This suggests that during the first part of braking, he car is using regen before the actual brakes. I didnít know that the I-Pace did that. Very handy if it does.
On high regen, lifting the foot completely off the gas (haha) pedal generates up to 0.2 g deceleration; pressing the brake adds another 0.2 g for a total of 0.4 g; if that's still not enough the friction brakes are applied.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:58 AM

I think the double tone is a red light camera alert.

I get that alert about a block before my last turn to my street, and the intersection has one of those.

Check your route to see if there is one, but note, it can be sensed fairly far away apparently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post

I get that alert about a block before my last turn to my street, and the intersection has one of those.

Check your route to see if there is one, but note, it can be sensed fairly far away apparently.
If you activate that feature on the NAV it will show you all the red light cameras.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauderdaleFE View Post

Oh yeah that would make sense. Didnít even know that was a feature.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash916 View Post
Oh yeah that would make sense. Didnít even know that was a feature.

I had no idea what it was either. I looked around and said what was that?

Until I saw a question here about how to turn down the volume on the red light camera alert. (Aha!)

The power of a group on display!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page