Few observations from a new owner - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Few observations from a new owner

Figured Iíd post some of my initial observations as Iíve had the car for a couple weeks now.

1. It looks awesome. I actually was not a fan of the look of the car when I first put in my order but pictures really donít do it justice. It looks significantly better in person.

2. The infotainment isnít as bad as I was expecting though it definitely has some issues. One thing that Iíve found impressive is the speed of the Bluetooth connection. Way faster than my previous Lexus. All the menus are sluggish to respond but that doesnít affect my day to day driving and I never use navigation. The voice commands for making calls seem pretty unreliable, this is remedied, for me, with CarPlay. Hopefully wireless CarPlay will be added at some point.

3. Iím not a big driving enthusiast but this car is definitely fun to drive

4. I find it pretty comfortable to drive. Iím about 6í 180 lbs

5. I have the 22Ē inch wheels which I donít find too rough at all. Though I do a lot of riding on a very stiff road bike so my opinion might be skewed

I posted a pic in the owners area but hereís another that I think does it justice. Itís nickname is Pepť.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A88166A5-B6CE-466A-89C3-C5AEB2D08451.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	1583  
McRat, jsimon7777, Guy and 5 others like this.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:42 AM

Love it - looks like the same color scheme as mine, right down to the black package (had my grill ring blacked by dealer). Is yours Narvik or Santorini? I originally ordered Narvik, but it came in with wrong headliner so I found a FE nearby in Santorini with nearly same specs and bought right off the showroom floor. I share all of your sentiments... also have the 22s and (through this forum) learned of the 'light load' setting and tire pressures (37psi vs 45/51 from dealer). If you're OK with the 22s at the higher pressure you'll LOVE the ride at 37psi! Try it.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:01 AM

I concur with that. I found the 22s at the standard psi to be harsh on the rough Denver roads. At 37 psi it's WAY WAY more compliant and still quite sporty.
sflgator likes this.

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
I concur with that. I found the 22s at the standard psi to be harsh on the rough Denver roads. At 37 psi it's WAY WAY more compliant and still quite sporty.
Yes, I drive around in "Light Load" for my 22" wheels/tires. Not sure why the I-Paces come default in the other load for full cargo (even though it's deceiving when it says "normal load"...what are they expecting everyone to carry around? ).

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 02:58 PM

Dealer told me they're all shipped at max psi to avoid 'flat spots' on the tires from sitting for long periods of shipping and storage.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:33 PM

Pepe looks great! You should enable ĎAuto Access Heightí so it automatically lowers when you put it in park. It looks way cooler and sportier that way. I have the same 22Ē wheels but the car is Corus Grey and I love it. I am used to the Ďquirksí of the infotainment system and it doesnít bother me either. I wish the Nav was a little brighter (as in smarter)as it often suggests routes that are way off the beaten path. It might say 100kms to my destination but then I take a left turn that I know is the correct way and it will drop to 80kms and pull 10mins off the time. Not exactly sure what it is thinking....

I tried using Android Auto, and while the maps are clearly the best, as nobody can beat Google in that respect, I really donít like the interface to look like it was drawn by Fisher-Price. If they can render satellite imagery on a phone, why canít they do it on Android Auto? I love the look of the Jag Nav (toggle the satellite view setting and you will be amazed) but I really donít trust the route planning. If I didnít know any better, I would swear it was powered by Bing....
PGhiron likes this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgsrq View Post
Dealer told me they're all shipped at max psi to avoid 'flat spots' on the tires from sitting for long periods of shipping and storage.
Then what exactly are we paying PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) if they donít even check the tire pressure? Mine were at 50 psi as well and I dropped them to 37. A bit of an oversight I think if we are all getting them delivered that way.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 06:57 PM

I honestly don't believe most of the dealers even realize there is a light load setting.

Jeff in Denver
'19 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition
'03 Porsche 911 Turbo 6MT X50
'74 Alfa Romeo Spider
'17 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Wife's
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
I honestly don't believe most of the dealers even realize there is a light load setting.
I'd be surprised if most dealer salespeople could name 2 more user settings beyond Low/Hi Regen, and Creep On/Off. Contrast that with Tesla "showroom attendants" who had AMAZING depth of knowledge about their car models. No wonder Tesla is crushing JLR in sales, even without advertising. Oh, that's right, JLR doesn't advertise the I-Pace either...
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely change the tire pressure and feel for the difference.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page