California Toll Road / HOV Tip for EVs: - Page 4 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
I'm sorry, but why are there toll roads? Just put it into everybody's taxes the way that most cities in the universe do, because it's to everybody's benefit to have roads. And, stop making your city/state a giant pain in the ass to people who are just visiting?
Couldn't agree more. For those of us who can afford it, toll lanes are great. For everyone else, who tend to be the people for whom a better commute would actually make an existential difference, they're another strike against. Take from the poor, give to the wealthy.
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

I call them the King's Highway. Some are over $1 a mile, in other words, more than 1st class jet aircraft tickets. I can tell you FasTrak does not server champagne from personal experience.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbritto View Post
Thanks very much - that picture helps. Do you have a heated windshield? I do not have one, and my cell reception has no issues with an iPhone 7, but I only use it for voice calls.
I will go to the main EZPass store in Raleigh, NC and I understand they have instruments which determines the best placement. If still a problem, I may have to get an external transponder. Will keep the forum updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbritto View Post
Thanks very much - that picture helps. Do you have a heated windshield? I do not have one, and my cell reception has no issues with an iPhone 7, but I only use it for voice calls.
I will go to the main EZPass store in Raleigh, NC and I understand they have instruments which determines the best placement. If still a problem, I may have to get an external transponder. Will keep the forum updated.
I do have a heated windshield which may account for some of my signal reception woes Good luck with your EZPass transponder.

I went to the main EZPass store in Raleigh, NC yesterday and they used an instrument which determines the best placement. The transponders did not work at all when placed in the dotted area. It is the solar glass which prevents it. I had to get an external transponder. Will keep the forum updated how this works as I am driving towards Virginia and DC soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:18 PM

they had to use these windshields as the front of the car uses radar to control speed and space between cars in front of you..

the good news is (and I just confirmed this with CHP), if you have speed control set and a radar gun tries to measure your speed they cant determine what it is.....

post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaan126 View Post
they had to use these windshields as the front of the car uses radar to control speed and space between cars in front of you..

the good news is (and I just confirmed this with CHP), if you have speed control set and a radar gun tries to measure your speed they cant determine what it is.....

Perhaps it is different in Canada, but I got a speeding ticket with laser. I had the cruise set at 120 and the radar clocked me at 120.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace First Edition Corris Grey 22" Wheels
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzvy View Post
They have been replacing/servicing tag readers on the Dulles Toll Rd booths and I have noticed that mine works flawlessly on the old ones but not once on the new ones. There was a specific toll booth that was working before but stopped last week after they changed the readers on it
Hi there...
I wanted to see if you are still experiencing the issues coming in and. Out of the Greenway? Im seeing it work about 1/2 of the time, but still always drive in the credit card lane
9when gates are down) just in case. Thought today I should start tracking how often the transponder works, and share that info with them. Im looking for you, but only i-pace sightings have been in San Francisco and Burlingame, CA. Ill throw a party when I see one in the DMV!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page