Grippy dog friendly protector for back - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Grippy dog friendly protector for back

so I have a dog and typically have the rear seats folded down flat so the dog can stand up in the back of the vehicle. The problem with this is the fabric that is on the back of the rear seats and the trunk really holds dog hair and it gets embedded very easily. I am looking for some kind of protector that I can lay in the back of the vehicle with the rear seats folded down so it covers that entire trunk/rear seat area where the dog stands and lays. The weathertech stuff is custom but only for the trunk and I'm not sure how grippy it is. I don't want my dog sliding around back there. Any suggestions for material or product that is suitable to be latest over the entire back cargo area with rear seats folded down that isn't slippery?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:36 PM

Jaguar makes a whole assortment of pet transportation items custom designed for the I-Pace. Not cheap though, and be aware, items are a-la-carte. Then even have a dog ramp so you don't have to lift your heavy dog.

Here are but a few: https://gear.jaguar.com/us/en/i-pace.../pet-products/

But look through all the pages and menus. If you want the dog in the back seats, there is a gadget for that. There is a fence to keep fido in the back. Side protectors, etc.

My dealer even has a 'pet lobby' for folk who bring their dogs with them.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 02-27-2019 at 02:44 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:49 PM

There is a widely held myth that dogs hate being inside enclosures. It's not true. Dogs naturally live in dens or caves. It's less stress on a dog to be able to nap in a small area.
I still can't convince my wife of this, so dogs have the run of 1/2 the house. We use electric mats to train them about off-limit areas, a kennel area inside the house for company, that has a dog door to their 12'x30' dog run on the side of the house.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
There is a widely held myth that dogs hate being inside enclosures. It's not true. Dogs naturally live in dens or caves. It's less stress on a dog to be able to nap in a small area.
I still can't convince my wife of this, so dogs have the run of 1/2 the house. We use electric mats to train them about off-limit areas, a kennel area inside the house for company, that has a dog door to their 12'x30' dog run on the side of the house.
First thing we did when we adopted a shelter dog was crate trained him. Took to it like a champ.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 08:49 PM

Saw you want seat down, but my two 45lb dogs are happy sharing the back seat (up) with a decent cover (about $75 amazon) that attached to both headrests and bottom corners, has lasted over a year. The covers rollers that fit between the top & bottom seat parts dont work in the I-pace (as they did in my prior car) because Jag is tighter / better fit.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Jaguar makes a whole assortment of pet transportation items custom designed for the I-Pace. Not cheap though, and be aware, items are a-la-carte. Then even have a dog ramp so you don't have to lift your heavy dog.

Here are but a few: https://gear.jaguar.com/us/en/i-pace.../pet-products/

But look through all the pages and menus. If you want the dog in the back seats, there is a gadget for that. There is a fence to keep fido in the back. Side protectors, etc.

My dealer even has a 'pet lobby' for folk who bring their dogs with them.

Thanks for this, I called both dealerships in San Diego and neither could see the quilted luggage compartment liner (which would be perfect for us) in stock or in their database. Both parts people said that maybe the car was just too new but they weren't sure, and both said they would look into availability and get back to me. I've yet to hear back from either but will post an update if/when I do.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfan View Post
Thanks for this, I called both dealerships in San Diego and neither could see the quilted luggage compartment liner (which would be perfect for us) in stock or in their database. Both parts people said that maybe the car was just too new but they weren't sure, and both said they would look into availability and get back to me. I've yet to hear back from either but will post an update if/when I do.
Look for the PN of the accessory on E-Bay. It might even be at a discount.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
I put the luggage / dog gate in and used the rubber trunk mat. We were really surprised, but our dog likes it better back there in the "trunk crate" as we call it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:40 AM

look at Reecoupons, I recently bought a backseat bridge from there.
It is really good and all of my dog's hairs is placed in it and after the trip, I just easily wash it.
try getting it, I am sure you will like the product.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Update: At Costco I wound up getting the exact same Weathertech Universal Cargo Mat that you can buy online at Weathertech (https://www.weathertech.com/avm-universal-cargo-mat/) and Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-T.../dp/B003IDE4U8) but at Costco it was only $25. I grabbed one and it only took about 10 minutes of some trimming of the sides to fit it perfectly in the trunk. Got the matching floor mats as well...just a few minutes of trimming and they're great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page