MB New Infotainment System is What the I-Pace Needs - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

MB New Infotainment System is What the I-Pace Needs

Check out Doug Demuro's latest review of MB new A-Class in the US. It's a car with a sticker price starting in the low to mid-30s and just look at how amazing the infotainment system is at around 8 minutes in.

Dantrium likes this.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

meh
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

You don't like how configurable and responsive that system is? Again, that's not even the full-blown system. It's what they are offering in their lowest priced vehicle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

I do like the responsiveness and the fact that it's entry-level, but to me it's offset by the overall design. I don't like the single screen for example mostly because it forces the position of the touchscreen into a less ergonomic place and orientation. I also wonder how useful that trackpad is. It's not like we're operating a PC; the overall percentage use of that trackpad probably doesn't justify the amount of central space it takes. I also like the back button, that's neat. Anyway, I think you'd really only know whether it's a good system if you use it first hand. I'm now sufficiently used to the iPace's system that I like it ... simply because I know how to use it. (Don't get me wrong, it could be better).
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
You don't like how configurable and responsive that system is? Again, that's not even the full-blown system. It's what they are offering in their lowest priced vehicle!
Get back to me when they have that on a shipping EQC.
jsimon7777 likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

I agree. I don't care for the one giant screen. I more mean I like the actual graphic interface - the transitions, the responsiveness, the usability - the voice command/Siri like feature, etc.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 01:20 PM

For what it’s with JLR had the same feedback from their customers when the F-Pace was released. The next model year is when they came out with the system that is in the I-Pace. Good thing is the older F-Pace’s received the update as well. So hopefully they take note this time around and improve the system through updates. Myself, I can’t complain accept I have to admit I do like the customization and features that Tesla has.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:12 PM

Gods, people. Just drive the damned car! It's a pleasure to drive, an absolute thrill. Luxurious and fast with good handling. I mean, isn't that what a car is for?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Gods, people. Just drive the damned car! It's a pleasure to drive, an absolute thrill. Luxurious and fast with good handling. I mean, isn't that what a car is for?
yes, I agree! Unless you are a fanatical fanboy who is orgasmic at the mere thought of the car, you should not post any opinions about the car you spent $90k on.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

haha. I do enjoy driving the car. I purposely own my 911 Turbo with no options so that when I want to really drive something analog, I can. My '74 Alfa is even more analog for those days.

The point, that Dantrium, was sort of making, is that for 90k we should expect things to work better.

Moreover, this is sort of a halo car for Jaguar. Why not make everything just a bit more interesting? Why not use more of the range rover pieces?

My point is that if MB can roll out a really nice looking system on their lease expensive car, Jaguar definitely should have stepped it up a bit more with a halo car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page