Jaguar Survey Crashes - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By phila

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar Survey Crashes

Just a funny tidbit for you all - I got the survey from Jaguar regarding how happy I am with the car. As I'm filling it out and ripping them a new one for the nav and voice controls, I click next and the survey itself crashes! Even their survey software needs updating!!
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Just a funny tidbit for you all - I got the survey from Jaguar regarding how happy I am with the car. As I'm filling it out and ripping them a new one for the nav and voice controls, I click next and the survey itself crashes! Even their survey software needs updating!!
If you are not nice they will reject your survey for not meeting standards...I’m not joking. They rejected mine 3 times before I got it ‘right’.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 03:02 PM

sgtpeper, are you genuinely unhappy with your purchase or just unhappy with the infotainment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Just the infotainment. The car has been great overall. A bit bummed with winter range, but I sort of expected that.

The infotainment - namely voice control and navigation are a huge letdown. Yes, I can use CarPlay. But then it doesn't come up on my HUD. Also, I hate cords!!

The car has been really fun and now that I have usable tires on it for winter, it's been able to drive through everything imaginable.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM

I felt the same way after the first couple of weeks minus the voice controls as i couldnt be bothered and Android Auto / CarPlay. A premium car should have premium software, but I have learned to get used to it and it works just fine for me now. I do believe that all new series of cars upon first release struggle with something. Teslas initial software release was also a buggy mess. Will be interesting to see if the other premium EVs (audi, mercedes, etc) also bug out initially.

Simply driving the IPace and feeling the comfort and ease of driving and I have suddenly forgotten all of that initial stuff
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

It makes sense that Tesla's software would be buggy - they were a new company doing something completely new. JLR, on the other hand, has this same/similar infotainment system in multiple cars - and more on the way. Based on that, it's fairly unacceptable that we have to get used to the bugs and wait for them to hopefully get better.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:24 PM

I dont really care how long the company has been going, if they are selling a car in the price class that Tesla, Jaguar etc are then things should work. However an infotainment system for a fossil fueled car will be different then an infotainment system for an EV only. Jaguar also has a nightmare going on with their F-Pace line around infotainment. Considering they are owned by Tata whom is a major Indian company they should have enough software engineers to pick from in that country.
WattAJag and dtgsrq like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:45 AM

This is the same company that sent out 2019 E-Paces with missing components, preventing owners from using navigation and phone software altogether. There is no retrofix and they are offering $600 as 'compensation'.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page