Data Internet - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Data Internet

Just curious is the AT&T 3 months 3GB data plan limited in speed? I've never seen anything other than 3G on the display?

I tried my T-Mobile SIM card and can confirm it's not locked to AT&T. It took awhile to get a signal, then when it did it displayed 3G and then shortly after 4G.

Good to know because I get T-Mobile data for only $10 a month which is half price of AT&T.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just curious is the AT&T 3 months 3GB data plan limited in speed? I've never seen anything other than 3G on the display?

I tried my T-Mobile SIM card and can confirm it's not locked to AT&T. It took awhile to get a signal, then when it did it displayed 3G and then shortly after 4G.

Good to know because I get T-Mobile data for only $10 a month which is half price of AT&T.
Thanks for this! I have an extra data only SIM card with Google Fi.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Also just curious I don’t see a purpose of a data plan. A Tesla can stream music but with the I-pace you can’t. So yes you can browse the internet but aside from that what else would you use a data connection for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 11:17 PM

As others have noted, it seems to supply live traffic. I yanked the SIM out and don't have live traffic any more.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Also just curious I don’t see a purpose of a data plan. A Tesla can stream music but with the I-pace you can’t. So yes you can browse the internet but aside from that what else would you use a data connection for?
Yes you can stream music. Have you checked out the Live apps? There's a variety of podcasts from Tune In that you can stream. There's also Deezer. But I haven't been able to make that work.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:12 AM

I can't get Deezer to work either.
Surprised to learn T-Mobile SIM works. I called Verizon to get a Verizon sim and after giving them my imei they said their sim wouldn't work in my car. Hmm
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 AM

Data Workaround

For me, the easiest and cheapest data workaround is to set up my phone as hotspot and connect I-Pace to it. Stream music, live traffic, etc.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
I can't get Deezer to work either.
Surprised to learn T-Mobile SIM works. I called Verizon to get a Verizon sim and after giving them my imei they said their sim wouldn't work in my car. Hmm
Verizon would probably work for 4G, but going into areas w/o 4G wouldn't allow it to fail back to 3G because the modem in the car only supports LTE+GSM, no CDMA which is required for Verizon 3G
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordondd View Post
For me, the easiest and cheapest data workaround is to set up my phone as hotspot and connect I-Pace to it. Stream music, live traffic, etc.
What does that get you over just using the phone with bluetooth?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
What does that get you over just using the phone with bluetooth?
I am assuming bluetooth can only be used for streaming music and phone calls, live traffic would require the Jaguar navigation to have internet connectivity. Unless you use Waze/Google Maps which will require you to connect thru Android Auto/Apple CarPlay via a USB cable.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page