Very very very pleased - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Very very very pleased

I've had the beast for 24 hours now and I think it's amazing!
[I know I'm jinxing myself but it's been trouble-free! Which helps with the enthusiasm.]

Commuting mileage seems fine but I haven't done enough trips yet to know for sure. I did hammer it on the way home, racing an F-Pace at 90mph on [the] 237 for a moment, but still didn't manage to break 45Wh/mile.

Physical:
The ride is really really awesome. Very supple suspension, but super firm when called upon. Just amazing.
Visibility is great! Even out the back it's just fine.
Performance seats are awesome.
Space is bigger than I remembered from the test drives. Length of the cargo hold with seats down is great, as is width. Height is low, but then again that's a design compromise worth making for the sake of looks and aerodynamics.

'lectronics:
Infotainment is not the most intuitive; takes a lot to learn; but it's capable; I think I'll have my layout figured out tomorrow after spending another 2 hours studying and testing. I think I will have spent a good 8 hours total by the time I know the system.
Lag is not so bad. (I have S18D)
LKA is iffy on freeway curves
InControl remote works great! I had low expectations but the little it does it seems to do ok; I'm preconditioning as we speak. [Haven't tried timed preconditioning]

OVERALL: 11 out of 10!
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:52 PM

Garage
Congrats! Im in the middle of performance review season, so my reward to myself for finishing them in a couple of weeks is to sit on my ride and figure out the layout I want. That thread describing all the layouts is really nice to have as a reference.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:13 PM

Congrats on FINALLY taking delivery of your car! There's a lot of settings to learn. I love the automatic exit suspension lowering. There's also a headlight setting where you choose whether the car is left side or right side driving. It was set to right side driving by default(!) so I had to change that. For the life of my I still don't know if the Park Assist Auto-Search feature is suppose to be turned on all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Congrats on FINALLY taking delivery of your car! There's a lot of settings to learn. I love the automatic exit suspension lowering. There's also a headlight setting where you choose whether the car is left side or right side driving. It was set to right side driving by default(!) so I had to change that. For the life of my I still don't know if the Park Assist Auto-Search feature is suppose to be turned on all the time.
I may be wrong but I think that the "driving side" refers to the side of the road that you drive on and not the side that the steering wheel is located, so "right side driving" is correct for those of us in the US (unless you do my pet peeve and primary road-rage inducer - cruising in the left lane ).

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzvy View Post
I may be wrong but I think that the "driving side" refers to the side of the road that you drive on and not the side that the steering wheel is located, so "right side driving" is correct for those of us in the US (unless you do my pet peeve and primary road-rage inducer - cruising in the left lane ).
Oh shoot. You're right. Welp change it back then.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driving Side.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1157  
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Thanks! I agree with ryzvy that the driving side refers to the lane of the road not the position of the driver.

The Park Assist is the last menu item in the Driver Assistance submenu of the Instrument Panel Controls that you access via the left buttons on the steering wheel.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 01:50 PM

The more you drive the more you learn....enjoy your car
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Thanks! I agree with ryzvy that the driving side refers to the lane of the road not the position of the driver.

The Park Assist is the last menu item in the Driver Assistance submenu of the Instrument Panel Controls that you access via the left buttons on the steering wheel.
I don't have Park Assist in the Driver Assistance submenu!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0643.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	1163  
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

scroll down it's off the screen
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
scroll down it's off the screen
There is nothing pass Driver Condition Monitor in my options. That's the first thing I did was scroll all the way down.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page