Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

What's Your Screen Setup?

17K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Qtown charger 
#1 ·
Since we have such a configurable system, I figured it could be interesting to see what you all keep up on your screens when you're driving.

As of today mine is...

Gauge cluster:
1. Dial. Left side media, right side nav

Center Screen
1. Media with phone in the small box

Lower Screen
1. Mostly just climate settings.

Anyone utilize the custom home page and really move things around?

#2 · (Edited)
Dash:
Left side - Driver Aids (AutoSteering, ACC following distance, LDW Red Warnings)
Center - Speedo, power graph (love to have numbers but can't find out how)
Right - Navigation

HUD:
Speed, Driver's Aids (like dash), NAV, Music (Song Title)

Center display:
Default, NAV, Media, Phone, or CarPlay.

Reactions: NerdUno
#3 ·
Gauge Cluster - One Dial
Left = media
Right = map
Center = speedometer, gear, miles remaining

Upper screen - custom
- media controls
- radio, source, active sound
- apple Carplay (don’t want CarPlay to auto start when I attach my phone)
- meridian sound settings
- eco data
- myEV, camera

Lower, climate, phone, media

Custom upper was to avoid the quick controls at the bottom. The Camera in the home screen comes up without the split front cameras vs the camera control which requires you to touch twice to move away from the split front view.

Will likely adjust this a few more times depending on how useful the items are.
One other thing is the favorite button.

Favorite button
Short press cycles Source
Long press mutes phone

#12 ·
Today I got into the car and all my customizations have reverted to the initial customizations I put in the first week I got the car. I'm not sure where customization settings are stored, so it seems weird that this reverted back a couple of iterations. I don't know if my current settings will magically reappear, but it's a good thing this posting started so that I have reference for resetting the screens back to what I had yesterday :wink2:

#10 ·
Gauge Cluster - One Dial
Left = media
Right = map
Center = speedometer, gear, Range, Wh/Mile (Note to JLR - Show battery % on the dial, too, please!)

Upper screen - custom
- NAV Cancel
- media controls
- Camera Button - (This vs. the little icon shows a forward center camera view when parking!)
- My EV Data box - so I can change Regen from light to heavy (Note to JLR: The REGEN button should be visible ALWAYS on the little icon row - replace the Blue Tooth which you almost never use)
- source, active sound
- Android Auto (don’t want AA to auto start when I attach my phone)

Lower: Media (default), climate

Favorite button
Short press mutes radio
Long press mutes phone

#11 ·
Ok since I'm a newbie trying to set things up can someone please enlighten me on where the access point or menu is for the custom configuration? I know about the 1-dial vs 2-dial layout options from the scrollwheel menu but I'm confused as to whether there's more customization (as to the content of the various panels)

#13 ·
When you look at the bottom of your InControl Touch Pro main screen, you have a row of touch settings at the bottom in this order:
Smart Settings (person or colored icon if you have set it), Home, Settings, Navigation, Phone, Media, Bluetooth, Camera, Park Assist, Parking Aids

Parking Aids is the touch icon on the bottom right corner.
You can go into the Parking Aids screen and you will see a Setting icon on the lower right. Take a look at what has been set. I can't think of something that would be searching for parallel parking automatically at low speeds, but this is where you make adjustments to Parking Aids.

Sorry can't take a screen shot, but you can go to your iGuide > Parking Features ( below media and climate, about 2/3 down the list) > Using the Parking Aid
This section covers both the Parking Aid (back up and forward guide lines and camera) and the Park Assist, which does the parallel parking and perpendicular parking.

#15 ·
Informational for new owners with Steering Assist:

This is what my normal "comfort" daily dash looks like.
The HUD has much the same info, but includes the song title, and excludes the range/odo/date stuff.

The white lines and arrows on left dash (and HUD) indicate the car is in Steering Assist mode. I took the pic and couple movies with the cars in autosteering mode.

The lines can be gray dashed (not in Adaptive Cruise, or can't see the lane line)
White dashed - it can see the lines but is not ready for autosteering. This can occur on either side.
Red solid - You are riding the line, the steering wheel vibrates, and will push back if you don't correct. This is a setting and can be turned off.
White solid - Autosteering mode, you can use both hands for up to 20.0 seconds before the car will warn you, but always look ahead.

The car image tells you it sees the threat ahead, and the orange small icon to the lower far left corner says you are approaching the threat or closer than the following distance you set with your right thumb. Takes 2 stabs to decrease or increase range.

For this trip, I didn't care about the Trip Meter or kWh/100mi(?). I like knowing the date and time.

You see the speed limit of the road, actual speed, and Adaptive Cruise speed (green). This also shows in the HUD. This particular road has radar traps, so I normally just glance at the HUD while looking far ahead for hidden CHP units.

Trivia - There is a Coffee Cup Icon. I've never seen it. It means you appear to be sleepy, and gets more aggressive if you don't react to it.

Attachments

#21 ·
I had set up the screens/instrument panel initially before I created a profile and it worked fine till I set up a profile, at which point it promptly forgot everything without asking if I wanted to merge the current setup with the newly created profile. So my advice is that if you want to create profiles then I would set up your home screen, etc. after you have created your smart profile.

#23 ·
Two shots of the instrument panel and one of the main screen.

At first I thought I'd go with the one-dial option in the IP but I think I like the two-dial better aesthetically. I just don't use the Steering assist often enough.

Attachments

#26 ·
Is there a way to show the state of charge within the instrumental panel / gauge cluster instead of mileage remaining while driving? From reading posts it sounds like the state of charge is more accurate than the guess o meter for estimating range once you get a feel for the car/battery. I would also like to easily track state of charge at beginning and end of trip without scrolling through menus/screens. Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.